eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just want to see the actual new EFX Kermit model. I'm kind of strangely stoked about it even through it is a reissue. :smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
There does not appear to be many photos of the EFX display online...has anyone else found any?

TML

Reaction score
Just because we saw no Fozzie, doesn't mean they're not working on one. Someone commented on how Piggy things don't seem to sell and that EFX might have made a bad decision to ditch the bear for her. Now, personally, I love Piggy. Love her. But I don't buy much Piggy merchandise because she always looks so awful. Companies always try to make her look so pretty that they lose her likeness. Even Pailisades first attempt sucked. But a poser Piggy done well, has the potential to sell far more units than Fozzie. Think of the poseability/photograph opportunities? Plus the costume opportunities. Lots of people love to sew things like that. Fozzie doesn't appeal to doll collectors, but Piggy would. Then lets not forget what a huge Gay icon she is. Every drag queen will want a Piggy!

muppetperson

Reaction score
There does not appear to be many photos of the EFX display online...has anyone else found any?
Check out TML's link to cooltoyreview.com's photos in the new eFX replicas link.I can see now that Miss piggy's head is shinny, so it IS resin or plastic!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Muppets and Miss Piggy are for everyone to enjoy, not just the Gay community!
Um...he never said that the characters were only for the gay community, just that they are particularly big in the gay community which is true. Don't understand the knee-jerk reaction to that on your part, but to us, Miss Piggy is up there with Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe and Madonna. Of course all of these entertainers are for everybody. We resond to the diva factor.

A Miss Piggy poser should be marketed differently than the rest of these characters for various reasons. Miss Piggy has her own following. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
The Muppets and Miss Piggy are for everyone to enjoy, not just the Gay community!
If they want to sell a $300+ Miss Piggy poser in anywhere near decent numbers just about the only chance they have is to market directly to the Gay community ... in fact worship them, because eFX have absolutely no chance if they don't understand thats how Miss Piggy sells. They will have a reallly tough time selling her just to the Muppet fan market, however good she looks. Thats not opinion, thats fact from Henson connected people who have told us exactly what the reality is of Piggys sales.

.. and TML, Fozzie has the teddy bear collectors market, which is huge. Frogboy is right, some of these should really be marketed with individual groups in mind if they want to maximise their sales.

muppetperson

Reaction score
If they want to sell a $300+ Miss Piggy poser in anywhere near decent numbers just about the only chance they have is to market directly to the Gay community ... in fact worship them, because eFX have absolutely no chance if they don't understand thats how Miss Piggy sells. They will have a reallly tough time selling her just to the Muppet fan market, however good she looks. Thats not opinion, thats fact from Henson connected people who have told us exactly what the reality is of Piggys sales.

.. and TML, Fozzie has the teddy bear collectors market, which is huge. Frogboy is right, some of these should really be marketed with individual groups in mind if they want to maximise their sales.
I thought the market would be bigger to include everybody, rather than just targeting one group or area, which is restricting sales.The more people, the more sales.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Muppet Materials

Check out TML's link to cooltoyreview.com's photos in the new eFX replicas link.I can see now that Miss piggy's head is shinny, so it IS resin or plastic!
while I noticed that Miss Piggy's prototype head is made out of resin or plastic, this might not be final, as I just checked out Muppet wiki's eFX news page, and there is a photo from Comic Con of the prototypes and I noticed there is a sign that I hadnt seen before that says Muppets made from Puppet materials and they are fully poseable!Which while being good in one way, is bad in another due to the shortened life span of the original materials.I hope they use simular or substitute materials that wont effect them visually.