DVD set idea: Sesame Street Golden Collection

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Dude, to your list of Special Feature's I'd like to add all parts of the episode Slimey goes to the Moon

minor muppetz

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Dude, to your list of Special Feature's I'd like to add all parts of the episode Slimey goes to the Moon
Do you know how many episodes focused on Slimeys trip to the moon? I am thinkin git was two weeks worth of episodes but i could be wrong.

Also, does anybody know how many episodes focused on the reopening of Hoopers Store? I know there was the episode where Biff accidently caused the store to break and of course there was the episode where it reopened, but were there any episodes in between?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
According to this, it was 6 whole weeks! :eek:

Sesame Street News somewhere said:
One of Slimey's most memorable Sesame Street stints was as a worm
astronaut. After being accepted into the WASA (Worm Air and Space
Administration) lunar program, Slimey went through rigorous astroworm
training and was chosen to be part of the mission's international
crew. Their adventure spanned six weeks on Sesame Street--from
blastoff to splashdown--and taught kids about the process of a space voyage

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
I would certainly buy all of these if they ever were put out, and have a marathon. What fun! I actually have the whole slimey in space collection on VHS. It was 6 weeks. I have many many VHS tapes, and yes some Beta tapes all with Sesame Street episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the episodes where Slimey went to space lasted six weeks, then that would be around thirty episodes. Did all of those episodes focus on Slimeys trip to the moon, or were there also normal episodes that didn't involve Slimeys trip?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
They were all about slimey testing out for and going and coming back from space.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the Old School set has recently been released, and an idea like this may or may no longer be neccessary. I went through my first list, and found that only nine of the skits that I listed were included on the Old School set. But both this fantasy list and Old School upstage each other. This idea set is the opposite of Old School, where the full episodes are the main feature while other skits are merely bonus features. This set idea sort of upstages Old School as it represents every season (or something close to every season).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow. I decided to take a look at this, which I posted long ago, before Muppet Wiki was even launched. I counted my own wishlist contents for the discs of the theoretical first volume... And they are all smaller than the contents of disc 1 of the 40th anniversary set (interesting; I feel like a lot of later DVD wishlists that I've posted were significantly bigger).

Of course, when I first thought of this list, Sesame Street had it's block format for four seasons. Most of the stuff that was initially included daily/ semi-daily were still on the show. Somehow I feel like wishing for something like this to include EVERYTHING from the daily formats on each disc would be hard.... As can be seen here, I'd also want each disc to include one Sesame Street News, waiter Grover, Super Grover, and Monsterpiece Theater segment (until supplies runs up). It might be hard to balance those and Number of the Day/ Letter of the Day/ Spanish Word of the Day/ Journey to Ernie/ Global Grover/ Elmo's World AND the recently added Murray Has a Little Lamb, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, and Abby's Flying Fairy School, plus several additional sketches (especially when trying to fit in every recurring character and recurring sketch on at least one disc).

And one thing I noticed is that when I put multi-part sketches on this theoretical set, I only listed them once, as opposed to listing when each part would occur (I would have put sketches between each part). A lot of these have fan-made titles or titles that I thought were accurate at the time (The Number Painter instead of The Mad Painter, Jazzy Spies instead of Jazz Numbers, etc.). I listed the Bert and Ernie "Banana in ear" sketch as "The Banana Sketch" (which is how it was listed in Sesame Street Unpaved).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when I posted this, I think on disc 1 I referred to the sketch where Kermit and Joey recite the alphabet as "Cookie Monster Alphabet" (it was also listed that way in the Muppet Central review of The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street). And I just listed various letter and number of the day sketches without specifying which ones beyond the featured letters and numbers (at the time there had been multiple letter/number of the day skits for certaon letters and numbers).