DVD Menus

King Prawn

Reaction score

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Im so happy those are coming out on my birthday and I will be getting them all. :cool:

Luke

Reaction score
Are these different menus to the Time Life discs then ?

Luke
*Puzzled*

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

I am dissapointed that they are going to be reproducing the the TimeLife discs again, And that these will not come in Box Sets by Season.

But i suppose i will buy them, They dont look to outstanding to me.
Columbia Tristar BLEW MY SOCKS OF when they released The Very Best Of The Muppet Show on DVD.

I hope they do give these that same treatment, And i hope to DO come to England aswell.

Ive seen some people saying they already bought the TimeLife ones so they hope this continues to go on like it is.

Think about this, I have some originals, trade copies, HMV, Very Best Of The Muppet Show (Elton and STar Wars) and then lots of other videos with parts of Episodes on them.

All i want is Season Box Sets !

See ya

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Luke,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Ive seen some people saying they already bought the TimeLife ones so they hope this continues to go on like it is.
I agree the best thing would have been to issue them out in seasons or at least in order from the get-go, but I think this is the smartest way to go. Many people plunked down a lot of money for the Time-Life DVD's, either monthly or as the set, and I'm sure the last thing Jim Henson Home Entertainment would want to do is tick people off by making them re-buy episodes all over again in new collections. They always seem to be very mindful as to what they've already released.

To get the entire series released on DVD in this format with three episodes-per would involve 40 discs (right?). I hope this does eventually happen, no matter how unlikely it may be, but if they decide to end the line at 20 or even 30, then I would still be happy for the 60 or 90 episodes that I wouldn't have otherwised had on DVD.

Luke

Reaction score
The problem i see is (while i am behind these an all) is that those who have already bought the Time Life DVD's might end up with a mixed collection - kinda 10 Time Life, and 10 Columbia. Personally it wouldnt bother me but i know it would tick some people off. I guess maybe Time Life might continue as well but i doubt it as it looks like Columbia has just taken over the rights and quite possibly the DVD's were produced by an independant company for Henson rather than Time Life and that could be why Columbia have been allowed to just rebadge them.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Im so happy those are coming out on my birthday and I will be getting them all. :cool:
Hey Aerosmith. Noted the comment because I saw it was on my birthday too. We share birthdays... but it was mine first.

Markus

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick-

I'm glad that these seem to be simple re-lableled copies. I would have liked a season-by-season set, but it's important that Columbia/Tristar and Henson don't burn the fans who purchased the Time Life volumes. I assume only the replacements of distributer's logos will change. The meus are identical.

Think about it this way - once all of these new planned volumes are released we'll have half the set! There is a chance that they all could come out - I hope so. Frogboy dreamin' again, but that's what frogboys do. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Upon more examination I noticed that they have removed the "Never before seen footage" claim on the back, but the layout is virtually identical other than that. I'm guessing the trailers will be for other Muppets Columbia Tristar DVDs - it would make sense. The menu is also missing the volume 2 logo.