1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, Jul 20, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No way. I was not a fan of ATC, and I have no interest in trying to replicate it.

There is, however, a guy on deviantART who not only has made his own SS model, but he did make ATC.

2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Have you thought of taking some newer pictures with the Tyco Sesame figures?

3. D'Snowth

I should get around to that, yes. I'm also still thinking about doing a video like some have suggested.

4. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

Oh ok. I only asked because I'm a huge fan of ATC.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Suggestion, but have you thought of building that stone building with the staircase that you see in skits like Born to Run, NTV, Cooperation Makes it Happen, etc?

6. D'Snowth

I used to have additional models of some of the more familiar, regular sets you'd see: Ernie and Bert's apartment, Elmo's World, Count's Castle (as seen in the Number of the Day inserts), the park, Global Grover, etc. But they're all long gone - I was running out of space.

7. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I dont know if this has been asked before, but what scale figures would best fit this set? On a scale of palisades mini muppets to megas.

8. D'Snowth

Ideally, figures that are 2 1/2 inches and under would work best for the model. Some of the Tyco figures I have, while they look good for the most part, are slightly too big. Big Bird is a tad over 4 1/2 inches, which is managable, given that he's Big Bird, but some of the figures that are 3 inches or over (Count, Telly, Bert, etc) seem un-naturally massive within the model.

9. D'Snowth

As per some of your suggestions, I have indeed put a video together about my model:

I decided this is going to be one two separate videos I'll be making in celebration of 50 years.

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Keep up the great work!

11. Cookie3001

Cookie3001 Well-Known Member

your model is amazing. After seeing this I feel like making my own Sesame Street model. I find your work very inspiring so thank you for sharing this

Blue Frackle and D'Snowth like this.
  12. D'Snowth

I seem to be paving a way here.

Blue Frackle likes this.