Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We got it, and that's definitely true in some cases. :smile: Though I have also seen cases where shows have great ratings, but are still removed from TV for other reasons.

Redsonga

Reaction score
What I mean is the statioons in those markets probbaly axed the show because of low ratings!

Do you get in now?

And can we get back on topic here?
I got that part, I was just saying that what might have been true then might not be the same if they just give it a chance :\
Anyway, even if it is somewhat off topic it still is a good issue...

I guess my link between the two subjects is that the people that think little kids won't like older SS episodes are a lot like the people that look down on us for watching SS. If SS is a 'sick and childish' thing for adults who don't have children to watch, and yet older SS is not 'good' for little ones anymore (because somehow the whole nature of being little must have changed in the last few years, after generations and generations of staying the same.:coy: ) then who are those episodes for?
Really, it's just so silly:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess my link between the two subjects is that the people that think little kids won't like older SS episodes are a lot like the people that look down on us for watching SS. If SS is a 'sick and childish' thing for adults who don't have children to watch, and yet older SS is not 'good' for little ones anymore (because somehow the whole nature of being little must have changed in the last few years, after generations and generations of staying the same.:coy: ) then who are those episodes for?
Really, it's just so silly:excited:
I've said the same thing in previous posts. The SW claims the "Old School" set isn't meant for little kids. Yet I get flack for watching it as a grown up! Who exactly is supposed to watch these sets? Lol

In the end, it's best to think for yourself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We got it, and that's definitely true in some cases. :smile: Though I have also seen cases where shows have great ratings, but are still removed from TV for other reasons.
Gonna get back on topic after adding to this...

As I said, Mr. Rogers was removed from my area 2 years before he passed on, but then they felt obligated to put it back for one more year after his passing. now it could be because of low ratings (as it was in reruns) or they wanted to replace it with something hipper and more marketable, but whatever the reason, it's gone from many markets. Same thing with Reading Rainbow. Programming heads have a conception based on half truths of what kids want to see. So they clearly figured kids would want something fresh and new instead of old reruns. And while most kids like that sort of thing (or think they do), there are exceptions to the rule. I find it sad, as Fred Rogers was a pioneer in kid's television.

That said:

I've said the same thing in previous posts. The SW claims the "Old School" set isn't meant for little kids. Yet I get flack for watching it as a grown up! Who exactly is supposed to watch these sets? Lol
Simple. one side is full of people who think growing up isn't putting aside something from your childhood, but deleting it from your hard drive forever. By putting aside, I imply that it can and would be picked up later. And the other side is clearly trying to appease some idiot parental group or something I could care less about. So since both sides are wrong, you're right.

Redsonga

Reaction score
So they clearly figured kids would want something fresh and new instead of old reruns.
But it is not an old rerun if you've never seen in before. I was born in '83 and I know I could never tell a 70's show from an 80's or 90's one, it was all new :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Can we please just get back to the original topic Redsonga?

I think we covered the Mr. Rogers piece already.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
i mean, i really only like the classic stuff but i don't think my family understands why i'm into it...

muppetfan89

Reaction score
i am older and everybody thinks i am weird from watching sesamae street!:mad:
I know exactly where you're coming from.

I've been a fan of the Muppets my whole life. As a little kid, I used to watch Sesame Street. It wasn't until this past summer, I started watching Sesame Street again. One day, I was on YouTube looking for Muppet videos, and out of nowhere, I ran into, the whole Follow that Bird movie. I thought to myself, "OMG, I haven't seen this in years!" So, I decided to watch it. I thought, I was going to hate it, because it's for kids, but I really liked it, alot. That's when I started to watch Sesame Street episodes, again. At first I was just watching it for the muppet characters of the show, becuase I'm a big Jim Henson fan, but as I kept watching it, it grew on me as a whole, and now I love it, as much as much as I love the Muppets.

At first I kept my SS love a secret from my family, they knew about my Muppets love, they liked it and would watch it with my as a kid. I would secretly watch episodes. Eventually, I came out with it, and my family looked at me like I had ten heads...lol. Soon, my family got used to the idea of me liking SS, even when I bought home the Old School DVD, and my parents really thought I was weird. Now, I watch it freely and talk about whenever. However, my sister still gets annoyed whenever I sing, "What's the Name of That Song?"...I love that song. I still keep it a secret from my firends though. Everytime they come over, I always hide my Old School DVD, becuase I'll feel weird if they see it. They just wouldn't understand. They can't even understand, why I like the Muppets.

The only thing, anyone likes out of the Muppets and SS, is when I do impressions of any characters form the Muppets or SS. They love them and always tell me, I do the impressions good.

I like what I like though, I'm a fan of the Muppets and Sesame Street, and I'm proud of it!