Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

Any Del

Reaction score
When I was in elementary school, and even early in junior high, some people saw me as being weird because of my watching of "Sesame Street". In fact, some kids even bullied me, even to the extent of using a certain word that starts with "R" and rhymes with "card" towards me. Thankfully, there were no injuries from the bullying, but however, it didn't stop me from watching the show, despite that the bullying continued. I guess you could say I used to be highly addicted to the show.

Fortunately, in February 1985, I lost interest in the show, and a few years afterwards the bullying ended, as I became a better person.

I may watch some sketches and skits for nostalgia reasons on occasion nowadays, but I am more interested in current activities and hobbies most of which are designed for mature adults.
How old are you?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So at the age of 27, going on 28 in two months, I’ve pretty much come out of my comfort zone when it comes to how people feel about me watching the show. In the end, it has a sense of humor everyone can enjoy, and it even has lessons taught in the show that even adult folks would need to watch with their kids (for instance, Mr. Hooper’s death). If people have an issue with me being into the show, they’re more than welcome to leave my life. Period

Erine81981

Reaction score
So at the age of 27, going on 28 in two months, I’ve pretty much come out of my comfort zone when it comes to how people feel about me watching the show. In the end, it has a sense of humor everyone can enjoy, and it even has lessons taught in the show that even adult folks would need to watch with their kids (for instance, Mr. Hooper’s death). If people have an issue with me being into the show, they’re more than welcome to leave my life. Period
YEAH!!! That's the spirit! This is how I see it. When you start to becoming to the age of late 20's or into your early 30's you start to relized that you shouldn't be ashamed of what you enjoy even if it's meant for a younger audience. I know when I was in my teens I really didn't care to be myself around my friends (who didn't care about some of the stuff I enjoyed) or others but my best friend had this girl he was talking to on the phone. I remember when she wanted to talk to me he told me don't say anything about Sesame Street or Muppets cause he thought she would not care for him knowing he had a friend who liked that stuff at that age but it didn't stop me. She asked me and said Oh that's cool and he kinda thought yeah whatever she didn't say that but she didn't really care if liked it or not but at the time my friend was like that. Now he at times will give me a hard time about telling others. Like if we would be out and about and meet some people and he might say something like don't embarrasse me but I know he's just giving me a hard time but I do the same back to him about his Transformers or Megaman or G.I. Joes but he and I know we just enjoy getting each other mad at what we love. It's funny when I think about all the times I've blurted out when he tells me not to just to see his reaction same with me. Miss getting to see him.