Do we need some female figures?

jediX

Reaction score
Oh, Deadly was quite active thru season 3 or so. He appeared in virtually every 'creepy' type sketch/song (see: Vincent Price & Alice Cooper) and in the melodramas (there's one on the Gilda Radner episode). I'm sure I've seen him singing chorus (like when a whole ton of random characters come on and sing with the guest) in other songs, too.

Besides, Deadly is just plain awesome anyway. :wink:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Well there ya go.

OK Jedi, point taken. I was only trying to state that there are plenty of characters who had plenty of appearances who kinda sorta deserve figs as much as, say, Marvin Suggs. While Marvin Suggs is cool and all and I thank the Maker (re: Ken) that he is being made, I am just trying to say that Marvin is only more interesting for his accessories. I'm more excited about the Muppephones than the actual fig. I am sure I will fall in LOVE with Marvin when the time comes, but so far... Blah. So forgive me for not knowing \names, but that purple bird/ lizard looking lady who danced with Kermit deserves a fig cause I think she even had a few speaking parts... That mouse who looked like she was in Little House On the Prairie deserves one... The list goes on and on. Marvin Suggs was a What Not Muppet... I don't see why we can't see a few more ladies for '05. I'd say it's not asking too much. While I don't expect it, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

Robin W.

Reaction score
I'd like to see these figures being made as action figures:

- Annie Sue;
- Astoria;
- Cynthia Birdley;
- Fozzie's Mom;
- Gladys;
- Hilda;
- Mildred Huxtetter (a two-pack with George the Janitor?);
- Wanda (with Wayne);
- Zelda Rose.

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
Campaigning for Annie Sue

When I originally found this forum I made my inquiries about Annie Sue Pig. Most everyone has scoffed and called her too obscure. But with the debut of Uncle Deadly at the end of 2004, I feel the 25 + odd figures that are to come in 2005 could include the Yang to Piggy's Ying! :mad: :flirt: :excited:

Uncle Deadly, I do believe was referenced by name or featured in sketches as many times as Annie Sue was. They were both used as extra Muppets in chorus numbers and group shots. And she could also be a GREAT variant if Palisades made her in her funky outfit and pink hair that she sported in the Elton John episode of TMS. I think that could kick off a line of variants from that show seeing as we already have Super Scooter and soon Super Beaker(in 2004)(and maybe WonderPig?-that would be SOO GREAT!) from Lynda Carter's episode. But back to my point, Annie Sue, I believe would be great as an addition to the line. And I would like to point out, female figures are usually the most collectible figures of any action figure line. I know I've seen Janice sell out before any other figures of Series 5 or even Series 4. As long as Palisades doesn't flood the market, as they did with Piggy, I think they would have a highly sought after figure in Annie Sue.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Annie Sue would be a hard sell. Piggy is a hard sell, and she has the name recognition going for her. Annie Sue would be mistaken for a Piggy figure that looks weird. Sure the name would be on the package, but most times if the actual figure doesn't catch your eye, you don't bye it (unless you are specifically collecting Muppets). It would be hard to tell retailers that a virtually inknown female pig will sell when the famous Miss Piggy didn't in series 1.

Miss Mousey look like a doll. She won't sell in the action figure section just like series 1 Piggy. One store owner put series 1 Piggy in the doll section and she sold out. So, I would think the same would be true for a Miss Mousey. However, it doesn't make much sense to tell retailers to look through the cases and only put the mouse in the doll section. So again, it would be hard to sell this figure to retailers.

Mildred, who is that purple lady I think, is yet another hard sell. She just some lady. Most people don't know who or what she is. Nothing special looking about her like Uncle Deadly. No theme she would fit into like Lips. Not featured enough like Pops.

Wayne and Wanda probably won't be action figures. Last I heard, Ken really has no interest in them. I believe they were dropped after the first season anyway. Maybe a PVC, but probably not 2 action figures.

Marvin looks fantastic and comes with 6 army builder packins that all look different (Ken said each has a different sculpt). Sal comes with a bunch of pack ins to sell him, plus he's likely to be a repaint or even threepaint. Clifford is a well made figure that is extremly possable and cool looking. He also has some accessory appeal with the mic, cell phone, and clap board. Pops has been featured in the openings during season 5 and he comes with a backdrop to complete the back stage area. Dr. Phil looks awesome and works well with the muppet labs playset. Lips goes with the band and will be the repaint. All of these figures have selling points. Few of the obscure females have selling points, but there are some that could sell.

Emily Bear could sell. She looks exactly like Fozzie dressed as an old lady. Even if you don't know Emily, you know Fozzie. It's an easier sell than a mouse with no real relation to anyone in the collection. An adult Skeeter (if Henson allowed it) would sell because of Muppet Babies and the relation to Scooter. Janice sells well because she is a fairly well known character and is a band member (band members tend to sell well). Astoria could sell because she looks just like Statler, another known character.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hmm...

I guess all opinions are created equal. Until you have better actual facts instead of some personal view of public opinion, I'm gonna keep hoping. Im sure that if Ken made any of the figs at this point they would look great, and thus sell. And as far as I know, pretty much nobody BUT Muppet fans are buying these things anyway. Well, at least in my area. Again, this is my personal view of public opinion.

Either way, some other obscure females SHOULD be made for the collectors, although I can't see much of a market beyond the collectors either. Maybe slinging the female figs into the girls section would work!!! Actually that's kinda genius!! Wiggy, you are a genius!!! A SMART retailer will do whatever works to sell his product. One peg of space in the girls/ dolls section is just as valuable as one peg in the action figures section. I don't see why someone wouldn't do this... I mean, TRU and such can't really be expected to follow that cause they have kids working for them who don't care if something sells or not, but the Mom and Pops who are actually selling this product should have no problem. Genius. Sheer genius.

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
I for one would love to see a Mildred figure made. She just sticks out in my mind as being an essential 70's Muppet Show figure. Sure, she never made it into the core group of characters, but it IS a part of Henson history, and having a figure to represent her (and other obscure characters like her) would be a tribute to their performers as well, in this case Richard Hunt.
As much as we all like our core group, if we just keep having new versions of the same characters over and over, that just won't be very interesting, and the uniqueness of the whole collection will be gone. I mean, we all like Piggy and Kermit, but when it's all said and done, when we look back on our Palisades figure collections, wouldn't ot be better to have a wide variety of Muppets instead of a whole cluster of Kermits and Piggys?
Although they're doing it to a degree, I think we should encourage Palisades to keep including obscure figures in each line. Whether they're from the most recent end (From Muppets Tonight) or back from the very first season of The Muppet Show, I think we should give them all a shot. :smile:

Buttercup

Reaction score
I'll admit I did forget about Emily Bear, and Spamela Hamderson come to think of it *gigglesnort*

beaker

Reaction score
Robin W. said:
I'd like to see some female figures being made. Which one would you like to be made and why?

Robin :mad: :flirt:
Zondra from JHH(the whole goth punk anarchist style seems hip even now)
Mildred from TMS(her and droop need to be made!!!)
Red and Mokey from FR(hey, someday...someday)