Disney's bought...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Right...

It will never happen though (maybe). It wouldn't make sense in the sense that Time Warner and Walt Disney are basically the same size, huge media conglomerates. Time Warner/Turner, Viacom/CBS, and Disney/ABC (here and there) were more sensible mergers since they involved media giants buying smaller companies with giant assets.

I would love to see a Time Warner and Disney deal, only because I love following those kind of mergers, but it's not necessary.

McFraggle

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Right...

It will never happen though (maybe). It wouldn't make sense in the sense that Time Warner and Walt Disney are basically the same size, huge media conglomerates. Time Warner/Turner, Viacom/CBS, and Disney/ABC (here and there) were more sensible mergers since they involved media giants buying smaller companies with giant assets.

I would love to see a Time Warner and Disney deal, only because I love following those kind of mergers, but it's not necessary.
I love following those kinds of mergers too. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just because Disney buys Looney Tunes doesn't mean that they have to buy warner bros. Disney bought the Muppets and bear In The Big Blue House, but they didn't buy the rest of the Jim Henson Company.

If Disney did just buy Looney Tunes, I wonder what kind of problems there would be including copyrighted characters. Disney would own all of the shorts, all of the television series, all of the movies, all specials, and possibly Tiny Toon Adventures, but they probably wouldn't own Anamaniacs even though the Looney Tunes made frequent cameos on that show. Disney also wouldn't own warner brothers movies that had cameos by the Looney Tunes, like My Dream Is Yours, Two Guys From texas, and Gremlins 2.

BEAR

Reaction score
Speaking of Disney...have any of you been on the new Space Mountain yet? It is pretty awesome!!! :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Storyteller said:
Time Warner (formerly AOL Time Warner)owns the copyrights to:
It still IS AOL Time Warner. At least I thought.

McFraggle

Reaction score
No, they did change their name back. It is once again "Time Warner."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Technically, Disney only ons Fox Family because of the Saban/ Disney stock. This is why Fox Kids doesn't exist anymore... which is a mixed blessing. The 4Kid's line of programming is much better than the last 2 years of Fox Kids, which pretty much was all Digimon and Power Rangers anyway. The New TMNT kicks butt.

Disney owns all of Saban entertainment's old footage, including the Fantastic Four cartoons from a few years ago. They released the enitre series recently, but could not feature older episodes as a bonus (to my Knowledge) since the old fantastic Four cartoons were made by Hanna Barbara, which was bought by Turner, which became Warner Brothers....