Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 1 - Sir Kermit the Brave / Animal Fly Airplane

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The ultimate contradiction: I like Summer Penguin, but I still don't get why she's necessary with the wealth of all the pre-existing Muppets, and I think the show needs more characters.

Miss Nanny has sexy legs... I don't like it.

Piggy's voice is a little too girly and not manly enough.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, I was honestly never a big fan of the original show, but I was really excited to have any Muppet show airing on TV so I gave it a chance and I actually really like it. The episodes are well-paced and funny, the movements of the characters and their designs are really great. They really feel like they're puppets, like you could really reach into the TV and give them a hug. From the texture of Fozzie's fur to the fleecy look of Kermit, it's all great. I actually found Baby Kermit unexpectedly adorable. I really liked the song that he and the dragon sang.

So far, it's funny in a way that can appeal to both older and younger audiences. It's educational, but not in a way that beats you over the head with the message. And like others have said, i'm glad the show came out now, as opposed to eight years ago, when the plots would've been more dumbed down and they're probably would've been a lot of false interactivity like on Dora or Little Einsteins.

So far I don't really see why Summer was necessary. She seems kind of bland and like she's just there, but then, I haven't seen the second episode yet, so i'm sure she'll get more time to shine in the future.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
we don't have it yet in the UK, but I could download the first episode free at Amazon.com

I tried to purchase the rest of the series but it would not let me as my debit card had to be registered in USA.

from the two episodes I've seen I really love it, I agree that they look like actual puppets and I love the use of Waldorf and Staler being the next door Neighbours.

I also like the design of Miss Nanny's tights changing with the theme of the episode.

I didn't think I was going to like Summer but actually her personality balances nicely with original cast. Although I hope we do get to see the rest of the gang and not just as pictures on the wall. Scooter, Skeeter, Bunsen, Beaker and Bean the Rabbit.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I've only seen the first episode, but I can already tell this show is fantastic! I too, like Pig's Laundry, am not the biggest fan of the original show, but this new series might make me check out more of the original episodes!

Firstly, I love the theme song. The visuals and the music is just the perfect amount of paying tribute to the original but still doing its own thing. The characters overall are great... I particularly like Kermit and Gonzo - the voice actors and animators have their characters down pat.

I personally like Summer a lot more than Skeeter, her character reminds me a lot of my sister. But yeah she's a great addition to the cast. The only character I really don't like is Miss Piggy - her character design is fine, it's just her character seems a lot more "girly" in this compared to the original. She feels too feminine in this imo. Plus... OMG her voice is SO ANNOYING!! :grr:

The stories were fine, sort of typical pre-school show material, nothing fantastic. Like D'Snowth said, the plot with Animal was painfully predictable.

But anyway - overall this looks like an excellent show with great potential! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So far I don't really see why Summer was necessary.
Y'know how primetime shows have this unwritten rule that the cast has to include at least one ethnic character so that the cast is "diverse" and "inclusive"? Similar with kids shows, there needs to be a balance of boy and girl characters, and in this case, she balances out half a boy cast (Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Animal) and a girl cast (Piggy, Miss Nanny, Camilla, and Summer).

Remember how in the old days with the Letter People, all the vowels were girls because, "you can't spell any word without GIRL"? Well, the modern update of the Letter People, approximately half of the alphabet are boy letters, and the other half are girl letters, to better balance out the gender.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Y'know how primetime shows have this unwritten rule that the cast has to include at least one ethnic character so that the cast is "diverse" and "inclusive"? Similar with kids shows, there needs to be a balance of boy and girl characters, and in this case, she balances out half a boy cast (Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Animal) and a girl cast (Piggy, Miss Nanny, Camilla, and Summer).
Ah.... and it wouldn't make sense to have Skeeter without Scooter.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
So, I must admit I wasn’t planning on watching this at all, but I got my youngest nephew into the Muppets and even showed him the intro theme to this new Muppet Babies which lead to us watching the first episode. Here are a few thoughts of mine...

1) I like Summer Penguin, honestly I like her a LOT more than I do Skeeter. Especially since character design wise, she’s completely original, not just a female version of an existing character.

2) So far, I’m really digging that Gonzo isn’t this weirdo in love with Miss. Piggy. And frankly, I’m even kinda digging how Miss. Piggy doesn’t seem so head over heels for Kermit too.

3) The animation works extremely well for this show. Usually, I really want to see hand drawn cell animation make some sort of comeback, but I’m sorry, in this case the CGI works WAY better. Unless Disney was willing to pay top dollar and we were willing to wait long periods between episodes, cell drawn animation wouldn’t look that good.

Overall, I honestly think this reboot is pretty good.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Finally saw the first show, and all the negative thoughts I had have gone away. The only thing I'm not to happy with is Gonzo'so voice, but that's ok. Has anyone else mentioned or seen the picture of Scooter and Skeeter playing on a see saw.