Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Well the Muppets are always under the duress of one form of authority or the other in their films.

In the Muppet Movie, it was Fast Food tycoon Doc Hopper and his Nazi like scientist friend

In Caper, it was Jewel thieves

In Manhattan...well, not sure if there were bad guys per se, just
situations beyond their control

In Muppets From Space, high level government agencies were after them

In Very Muppet Christmas it was an evil corporation

So yeah, an oil company seems right on par. Personally I'd love to
see creature shop type creatures as some of the bad guys, just because I love the organic look of them as well as the Jim Henson hour Muppet designs.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well the Muppets are always under the duress of one form of authority or the other in their films.

In the Muppet Movie, it was Fast Food tycoon Doc Hopper and his Nazi like scientist friend

see creature shop type creatures as some of the bad guys, just because I love the organic look of them as well as the Jim Henson hour Muppet designs.
Personally...I wouldn't want to see JHC designs interacting with the Muppets. Just because I don't think that certain styles work with their style. For example, the realistic animals that were in certain musical sequences on TMS. Those always grated the wrong way for me.

And the Dog in Kermit's Swamp Years. Just why would there be a talking dog in the Muppet world? I don't understand it...Rowlf the Dog is first a muppet, then a dog. She was a talking Dog. Just doesn't work.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score

I'm totally with you! And they need to bring back Digit & Leon!
And the Dog in Kermit's Swamp Years. Just why would there be a talking dog in the Muppet world? I don't understand it...Rowlf the Dog is first a muppet, then a dog. She was a talking Dog. Just doesn't work.
Rowlf isn't the only talking dog on the muppets, anything and everything can talk in the world of Muppets. Tisk Tisk

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You are so unbelievably right. I can't stand talking animals. Sounds weird coming from a muppet-lover, but muppets are like cartoon characters in personality and appearance. Talking animals just creep me right out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm totally with you! And they need to bring back Digit & Leon!

Rowlf isn't the only talking dog on the muppets, anything and everything can talk in the world of Muppets. Tisk Tisk
Foo Foo and Muppy don't really talk so I get what Beau is saying here. That dog character in Swamp Years just didn't play that well. The armadillo should have been in the picture instead! I just didn't like the entirety of the project and still am dismayed at Steve Whitmire's noted pride in it. I find it painful to watch. :embarrassed:

I like Digit and Leon, but it apears that Muppets like them and Uncle Deadly crumble away in some drawer if they haven't proven enough worth to the writers/producers. I really want to see Deadly back in action.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I just saw this article:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a92956/segel-new-muppets-movie-is-classic.html

Speaking about the movie's plot, he said: "It's a classic story. It's the Muppets needing to get back together to save the show...It's going to take place all over the world.

"Basically, the Muppets are no longer together. So that might take a while to film. I guess they've set the precedent in that last movie that Gonzo is, in fact, an alien, so he could well end up in space."

Talking about possible guest appearances, Segel commented: "Every time I bring it up with somebody - Mila Kunis, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen - they say, 'Oh my god, you're writing me a part'.

"So I don't think there'll be trouble casting. I would love to star in it myself. I think that's the plan, but right now it's just a script deal."

This is funny - because I was originally thinking that he would do something where the muppets are strewn all over the world in various careers and states of being - and that they all have to reconnect and go back to the stage from wence they came. Maybe my premonition was right?

MrsPepper

Reaction score

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Thank god... Shew - I was too busy looking at that great picture of Rowlf! Thanks pep!

Status
Not open for further replies.