Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think it really says something about Disney that they where first laughing at the guy then took him so seriously that they bought the pitch right then and there.

Oh and I am not ashamed about calling people Grouchs I took the time to type it so i meant what i said. I'm going to be honest when i type on here and when people try and rain on others parade it makes me a little mad. It also makes me mad for people to think well Disney is going to go back on there word, WHEN they CLEARLY want this thing to happen. If they didn't then why the heck buy the stupid pitch for it. Some people need to learn how to forgive Disney sure they made some bad choices but who hasn't done that before?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I think it really says something about Disney that they where first laughing at the guy then took him so seriously that they bought the pitch right then and there.

Oh and I am not ashamed about calling people Grouchs I took the time to type it so i meant what i said. I'm going to be honest when i type on here and when people try and rain on others parade it makes me a little mad. It also makes me mad for people to think well Disney is going to go back on there word, WHEN they CLEARLY want this thing to happen. If they didn't then why the heck buy the stupid pitch for it. Some people need to learn how to forgive Disney sure they made some bad choices but who hasn't done that before?
I definitely agree about both parts. Disney has no reason NOT to see this film through to the end. As said earlier, Jason Segel is one of the Apatow gang--and pretty much every MEGA-hit comedy in the last few years (save, like, Night at the Museum) has been because of them. EVERYONE in Hollywood wants to work with these guys. All the movies--40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad--have made $100 mill PLUS and Forgetting Sarah Marshall looks like it will do that as well.

And like it was said a few pages earlier (I was definitely watching American Idol as you were all debating), Disney never promised us anything. They're not even promising this. But we have viable news sources confirming that it's happening--and Jason Segel is being very outspoken about it already. I think it's gonna go through. Remember--during all the other projects we've always been told it's a "hush up," no one's been able to speak about them openly and we've only ever gotten one little piece of information before never hearing of the project again. This is, within a week, already so different. Go ahead and google "Jason Segel Muppet" and see how many different pages come up full of links. It's EVERYWHERE.

And I understand people "not wanting to get their hopes up," but don't forget that getting excited is fun. And disappointment is only disappointment. It's not going to KILL anyone if this movie doesn't get made. Let's just have some fun and put some faith out there. The power of positive reinforcement, right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
We should just to look at one side, but it ain't too good anyway. Remember, things can go off without a hitch, and things can bottom out, sometimes in unexpected ways. Remember how we were this close to a Sesame Street Toy line and not that much came out of it? So we shouldn't expect this film to be made, but we shouldn't doubt it will be either.

As I said earlier, a script is a script and nothing more until it gets into production. Then it's a "production." And it's not a movie until they're finished filming it and in the process of editing it and getting it out there. The film could be made, sure, but there's a chance it will fall into the pile of "The Next Muppet Movie" "The Muppets Cheapest film," and "Muppet Haunted House." Remember when VMX premired? about a year or so later there was buzz someone wanted to do another one, and we expected one of several scripts to be produced? Then years later, Muppet Oz, an unforseen project out of nowhere gets the nod?

So this is just news that a script is written, and maybe a movie will be made. Not definate news about the plot, characters, guest stars, release or air date or anything beyond that. When we hear more news, then and only then will we be able to say We're getting or We're not getting a muppet film.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Thank you Sarah, sounds like you are actually reading the writing on this wall unlike the others who are reading the writing on past walls which don't exist anymore.

Things do fall through sure enough. Happens all the time. You never know. But Sarah clinched it in her first paragraph better than I did when I said - these guys are super hot right now, buzzzzalcious. In Hollywood the talent matters a lot but, it's also about the who is hot and who is not.

I think previously they may have made some offers and had some scripts but they are getting the whole package on this deal. We'll all have to wait and see.

I seem to recall in one of those articles Disney requested from Segel that Stoller be a part of it. Am I remembering correctly? That was a very calculated move on their parts - just goes to show you they know what they are doing as here is a quote about him:

"These days, it seems like anything touched by the fingers of Judd Apatow turns to box-office gold. Now, with the near-deafening advance buzz surrounding next month’s “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” perhaps the same can be said about Apatow’s latest collaborator, Nicholas Stoller."

I definitely agree about both parts. Disney has no reason NOT to see this film through to the end. As said earlier, Jason Segel is one of the Apatow gang--and pretty much every MEGA-hit comedy in the last few years (save, like, Night at the Museum) has been because of them. EVERYONE in Hollywood wants to work with these guys. All the movies--40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad--have made $100 mill PLUS and Forgetting Sarah Marshall looks like it will do that as well.

And like it was said a few pages earlier (I was definitely watching American Idol as you were all debating), Disney never promised us anything. They're not even promising this. But we have viable news sources confirming that it's happening--and Jason Segel is being very outspoken about it already. I think it's gonna go through. Remember--during all the other projects we've always been told it's a "hush up," no one's been able to speak about them openly and we've only ever gotten one little piece of information before never hearing of the project again. This is, within a week, already so different. Go ahead and google "Jason Segel Muppet" and see how many different pages come up full of links. It's EVERYWHERE.

And I understand people "not wanting to get their hopes up," but don't forget that getting excited is fun. And disappointment is only disappointment. It's not going to KILL anyone if this movie doesn't get made. Let's just have some fun and put some faith out there. The power of positive reinforcement, right?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score

I just don't think it's helping the matter by poking fun at people, and name calling. That's all:big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just don't think it's helping the matter by poking fun at people, and name calling. That's all:big_grin:
( points at Dwayne1115) HA HA HA what a stupid fool do you know that Dwayne1115 once spelled the word like lick and then people started thinking he was a Dog LICKER! HA HA WHAT a fool he also thinks Disney is going to make a Muppet Movie I mean who would in there right mind think that he is so Dumb

Hey Dwayne1115 why don't you go back to where you came from the toilet ha!

There i made fun of myself so now i'm even I mean cry me a river So I'm honest about how I feel wow like thats going to be a frist!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I hate to be a jerk here, but Dwayne, you're really being dumb. Just appologize to JimHensonHour and let's get on with our lives. You didn't have to call him a grouch, and you shouldn't have made that last post. There was no point to it but to poke more fun at JimHensonHour, which he does not at all deserve. He's made some very vaild points here and hasn't once said anything cross or negative to you, he was just defending his points. He does not deserve to be treated badly.

We all have different opinions about this, but I think we all have the Muppets' best interests at heart and the people on this forum need to remember that. Just because someone doesn't support what you've said doesn't mean you have the right to call them names or make fun of their posts. Please people, get along. Everyone should feel like they're able to state their feelings and opinions, we want to hear those, that's what a forum is for, even the constructive debating is fine, there's just no need for name calling.

I know I'm not a moderator, but I felt like this needed to be said. Delete if necessary.

GO MUPPETS!

RyGuy

Reaction score
carrie Underwood would be a good fit with the gang

I think Carrie Underwood would be good with the Muppets she has a really laid back persona. She is also a good role model for young people . She would be a good person to sing in a Muppet movie .

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I hate to be a jerk here, but Dwayne, you're really being dumb. Just appologize to JimHensonHour and let's get on with our lives. You didn't have to call him a grouch, and you shouldn't have made that last post. There was no point to it but to poke more fun at JimHensonHour, which he does not at all deserve. He's made some very vaild points here and hasn't once said anything cross or negative to you, he was just defending his points. He does not deserve to be treated badly.

We all have different opinions about this, but I think we all have the Muppets' best interests at heart and the people on this forum need to remember that. Just because someone doesn't support what you've said doesn't mean you have the right to call them names or make fun of their posts. Please people, get along. Everyone should feel like they're able to state their feelings and opinions, we want to hear those, that's what a forum is for, even the constructive debating is fine, there's just no need for name calling.

I know I'm not a moderator, but I felt like this needed to be said. Delete if necessary.

GO MUPPETS!
-Claps-

Ryan, I agree with Pepper.
You are now moi's hero.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score

GO MUPPETS!
People are just proving my point more this world is so sad anymore.
What I was getting at is that we shouldn't be taking the work of Jim and using it as a negative thing (term), I really don't think he would apricate that.
And my points while some time can come off as angry at Disney, I just want to see what's best for the Muppets because at the end of the day and discussion that's all I care about, just like you all on here.
I just think people are being a bit crazy over this news because there's not been much of anything involving the Muppets and Disney for some time, while it's ok to be hyper and excited over such great news, people shouldn't be getting mad at those who don't believe in this just yet.
They should be setting a good example to those non-believers and encouraging them to believe.
I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit, and stop pointing fingers at each other, we're a family of Muppet fans, I think it's time we start acting like one.
WWTMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.