Did anyone see that new Hannah Montanna episode?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't saying that you had no respect for her work, just adding my two cents about how "all ages" shows and "made-for-kids" could be one in the same with a certain mindset you know? :smile:

Disney channel use to be a "for kids" channel that everyone could love, because it had shows that anyone could remember growing up with..now it is just a shadow of itself that acts like the over fifty years of cartoons and movies it made before never even happened so that they can force feed the newest teen star on everyone :frown:...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't saying that you had no respect for her work, just adding my two cents about how "all ages" shows and "made-for-kids" could be one in the same with a certain mindset you know? :smile:

Disney channel use to be a "for kids" channel that everyone could love, because it had shows that anyone could remember growing up with..now it is just a shadow of itself that acts like the over fifty years of cartoons and movies it made before never even happened so that they can force feed the newest teen star on everyone :frown:...
Thanks, I just didn't want to be misunderstood about my respect for tree of TVs icons of yesterday. Television is a tough medium.

I remember when the Disney Channel first started and they had all sorts of programming. Yeah, there was the somewhat garish costumed kids show Dumbo's Circus in the morning, but they had cartoons during the day and classic Disney movies at night like the original That Darn Cat. I wouldn't say it was a kid's channel as much as a family channel and that is where it has changed. Now the entertainment is geared toward the tweens in one room and rest of the family in another. Not ideal.

That could be why Disney (ABC) bought the Family Channel, but once they start airing explicitly themed movies like Cruel Intentions it no longer is a channel for families.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Thanks, I just didn't want to be misunderstood about my respect for tree of TVs icons of yesterday. Television is a tough medium.

I remember when the Disney Channel first started and they had all sorts of programming. Yeah, there was the somewhat garish costumed kids show Dumbo's Circus in the morning, but they had cartoons during the day and classic Disney movies at night like the original That Darn Cat. I wouldn't say it was a kid's channel as much as a family channel and that is where it has changed. Now the entertainment is geared toward the tweens in one room and rest of the family in another. Not ideal.

That could be why Disney (ABC) bought the Family Channel, but once they start airing explicitly themed movies like Cruel Intentions it no longer is a channel for families.
Dumbo's Circus + Wewlcome To Pooh Corner= love :flirt:!
They had alot of heart..the thing about those shows was at least they were faithful and paid respect to the classic Disney movies they were made from:excited:...Now it seems like they hardly ever draw on their older work and when they do they just have the characters follow the newest fad, they have to be superheros (and there is nothing wrong with superheros, I am a comic book geek girl, but the 'heros' on the shows lately are just the characters wearing capes, not real heros like Super Grover) or the Mickey version of Dora, they don't make up their own ideas based on the older cartoons and themes IMHO:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That exactly what I was thinking!

That is exactly what "entertainment has become these days. you know?:stick_out_tongue:
This shows how much the world needed Jerry Juhl's work with the Fraggles and the Muppets. He tempered cynicism with acceptance. His work has a balance that isn't cheap or cheesy. It simply works and grabs on to the good bits in all of us. These freshman writers would do themselves a service to research his work if they are serious about the craft of writing for film and television.

Redsonga

Reaction score
This shows how much the world needed Jerry Juhl's work with the Fraggles and the Muppets. He tempered cynicism with acceptance. His work has a balance that isn't cheap or cheesy. It simply works and grabs on to the good bits in all of us. These freshman writers would do themselves a service to research his work if they are serious about the craft of writing for film and television.
Getting most tv writers to do any research on anything nowadays seems like getting kids to do their summer reading lists: Some will, but those that do never seem to become popular or well known for all their hard work :sympathy: *sigh*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was just think the other day how much this world need Jim Henson and Fred Rogers and people like that in it. Those were some very Smart, thinking individuals. It's just feels like common sense had left this world of late... Glad there are a few people still out there who do!

Drtooth

Reaction score
:embarrassed: I am reminded by an old Murphy Brown episode when she appeared on a Sesame-type program called "Mulberry Lane" where a particular puppet sarcastically chides her so much she ends up ripping its head off on live television! Now that was funny and done by someone who had not only paid her dues with puppets but was born into the world.

Well, there's one thing to it. The Murphy Brown writers were wonderful. And needless to say, Candice Bergen is a friend of the Muppets and the Hensons. She was even there for the Henson tribute special. If she thought it was offensive, she could have clearly said something about it. And let's not forget, she was a SS guest several times herself. (Much like how she's a feminist, and had she found the Family Guy episode she was in offensive, she would have backed out).

And while I hate Child stars with zero talent lipsynching songs written by 50 year old markettting execs that write the songs for everyone on the network (Look it up. HSM and HM music are written by the same people. I found this out, in all places, the back of the Hallmark catellogue), it's not her fault. I mean, she pretty much has no creativity, why would she have any creative control? It's a bunch of thinks we're too cool as we're working on a hit series hacks. Probably someone's drinking buddy from collecge or something.

Personally, I didnt; see it, and I wouldn't want to see it, and would never watch an episode... not even for satirical reference purposes. Not so much for insults to puppetry, but the insult to my intellegence.

Of course, this is no where NEAR as offensive as that snarky horrible, and thankfully cancelled Tracy Morgan show. You k now. The one where the quintessential snarky wisecracking 5 year old whining about having to wear a muppet shirt. And Muppet is said with such disdane. I'd like to pound whoever wrote that abortion.