Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Question is now, will there be a stand alone double figure pack next,
(All the remaining figures from the cancelled wave were 2 packs),
and if so, who and when will it be? Could it be Dr Teeth and Zoot,
or Sam the eagle and Rizzo? I'm hopping for Sam and Rizzo.
Yes; if Chef sells well enough, I imagine they're going to push out Teeth and Zoot to complete the band, and then finish it off with Rizzo & Sam. Chances are very low that that happens.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Haven't read the review yet, but why does he have a ring on his finger? Did Frank occasionally (accidentally?) leave his ring on?

jobi71

Reaction score
It’s something that’s been part of the Swedish Chef in recent times. Fozzie even referenced it in an episode of the 2015 show
The wedding ring has been around for a bit. I have a vague memory of someone saying it was Bill Baretta's idea, or Bill's hands were used and he had the ring on. So, I don't know if whomever performs the hands when Bill has the puppet is also married, or they put it on as an accessory. The Chef's wife could be a fun character to introduce at some point - and hey another female character. Although I'd like to think he married Gladys from the canteen. After all they worked together. A romance could have formed.

MWoO

Reaction score
Another Ask DST was posted and the future of the Muppet line came up. They said they would have to sell a great deal more Chefs to break even. And if they just broke even they would release more figures. So, if anyone hasnt gotten a Chef please do so now, and probably be best to buy directly from DST.

jobi71

Reaction score
Another Ask DST was posted and the future of the Muppet line came up. They said they would have to sell a great deal more Chefs to break even. And if they just broke even they would release more figures. So, if anyone hasnt gotten a Chef please do so now, and probably be best to buy directly from DST.
Hey MWoO -

I sent you a note at Etsy with a few questions about the Chef ornament.

jobi71

Reaction score
Hey there Muppet Central Folk -

I just ordered MWoO's Chef ornament from his shop. (I don't know if Muppet Central frowns on self promotion, but it is not my ornament). It looks great. And even if you have the Palisades Chef or are ordering the Diamond one (which you should consider) this is an ornament - for a tree! Or a Hanukkah bush. Or if you have strong sturdy earlobes an ear ring! The possibilities are endless. Even if you don't purchase check out and bookmark his shop. I bet you a few gems will come along. Sorry to briefly hijack the thread, but it looks good, and hope he sells enough, so he will be encouraged to make other popular characters like Zelda Rose. I know one sale he would make.

jobi71

Reaction score
I am not sure if this comment is laughing with me or at me. Probably with there really are very few snarky folks about here, but I can share why she is my avatar. And I apologize for the indulgence - and repeat to Blue Frackle you were probably on the same page as me. I watched the original run of the Muppets from age 6-11. I was always a bit theatrical. I currently run one fringe theater company and have been involved with countless. My parents were never home on Tuesdays when the show aired where I live. One was on the Town Committee and one was on the School Committee. All of the meetings were Tuesdays. I would always re-enact the shows for them - please remember I was about 7. I would use the Fisher Price dolls available at the time and fill in my Sesame puppets and a few stuffed animals and would hide on one side of the bed and re-enact as much of the show I could. This was decades before VCR etc. And once in a while they caught an episode. We also had a pretend game as being the Muppets. I was Zoot. No real reason I liked the character. My Dad was Bunsen (He was a science teacher) and my Mom was Hilda (because she did the laundry she said). So my Grandmother baby sat each Tuesday they were out and watched with me. She knew of our role game and said there is no Grandmother Muppet. That very night Zelda Rose sang "Who" at which point she exclaimed there she is. That's me. Any time she appeared usually in the chorus, but she had a few lines and solos it set of a huge reaction. I was very close to my Grandmother, and I love the puppet and the character. Sorry to ramble and Blue Frackle your quote was most likely a "Whaa?" reaction. But that's why a 47 year old man has Zelda as his avatar and I will never change it. So, yeah if MWoO made a figure I would buy at least 6. Me and my relatives and my boyfriend. Again sorry Blue Frackle if this seems to be directed at you. That is not my intent. More a fond memory of the show. There is probably a more appropriate thread to post it, and moderators if you wish me to move it I will. Through Etsy I do have a Zelda Rose wooden peg as well as 130 other characters, so you can get what you wish when you look hard enough.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Oh yeah; I have no problem with the character and would totally support a figure of her, but would hardly consider her popular, lol.