Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

MWoO

Reaction score
How much would it be for one Eggplant?
I plan on offering all of the singing food in one "accessory pack" type thing. They are small and it would be hard to mix a small enough amount of resin for just one and still get the ratio for each part correct enough to get it to cure.

For a veggie pack I would probably say $15 plus shipping fully painted with a bag of flour (since they all share the same mold). But like i said, I won't be listing the veggies separate until after Big Bad Toy Store finally sends me my figure (they are cheap, but slow as heck).

MWoO

Reaction score
So DST does an Ask DST every so often where people can submit questions to the president of the company. This is similar to the old Palisades message board thread where we use to ask Ken questions. Link provided below.

Anyhoo... The latest one had two questions that are Muppet related, neither good news.

First question was asked by me about a potential Sesame Street line to compliment the Muppet line. Currently the have no plans to pursue it.

Second question asked if the Chefhas sold enough to warrant making Zoot and Dr. Teeth. The answer was a little more hopeful saying that they want to have the figure in stores a little longer before making that decision, but that they still have a long way to go before we would see them.

I still think Toy Fair will be the end all be all. If we don't get news of them coming out by then, we won't be seeing them. Let's hope for good news, otherwise It will be worse than when Palisades had to cancel their Sal Manilla figure.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2018/12/ask-dst-406-aquaman-castlevania-pacific-rim-and-more/

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I will most definitely buy the Chef after Christmas So I could help the line

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Zach Oat (DSTZach on this forum [one of the head honchos at DST]) tweeted a picture of Frazzle once and I told him it was time for a Sesame line... no response.

People should not ever underestimate the potential of that; there has never been one Sesame collector's line. What's the closest we've gotten? Tyco? One of the biggest properties in the history of property.

Why did they say they needed Chef to be in stores a little longer when he isn't in stores to begin with?

These things are a nice gesture to the community and better than nothing, but 90% of the time they are useless "we have nothing to announce at this time".

MWoO

Reaction score
Chef is in comic shops right now. So far BBTS still hasnt gotten him in stock, but you can get him elsewhere. But it is too soon to tell sales for the figure. It should have come out last month and had more space between it and Christmas. I am sure there are people that would have bought it as a gift, but it was still on preorder everwhere so i am sure peopme skipped it.

A Sesame Street adult collector line would do amazingly well. The 50th anniversary is coming up and itbhas an audience that is always renewing itself. Heck, Sesame Street is more well known for being The Muppets thna the actual Muppets are.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It would be interesting if they did a Sesame Street line with accessories and build a diorama with characters similar to Palisades plan.

MWoO

Reaction score
For those interested Amazon has the Chef listed for $27.99 and free shipping for Prime members. If you are looking to get this for yourself or someone else for Christmas, you can still get it delivered in time.

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELE...words=Muppets:+Swedish+Chef+Deluxe+Figure+Set

I just couldn't wait for BBTS any longer and canceled with them. I will be getting mine tomorrow night from amazon. I want to support smaller businesses, but for only 3 dollars extra I can have it in less than 24 hours.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I know it's the culture we're in, but that's so expensive for a Chef figure; I'm not complaining, but just pointing it out.

MWoO

Reaction score
I know it's the culture we're in, but that's so expensive for a Chef figure; I'm not complaining, but just pointing it out.
I dont think its a culture thing, more like a business thing. Some how Palisades was able to release series 1 at crazy low prices. The Muppet labs playset was 19.99 and I think regular figures were like 8.99. But, this was a time whe. Suncost and Sam Goody still existed, plus they were in Toys R Us as well I believe. That kept costs down. Series 1 also had limited articulation and very scarce accessories.

Compare that to DST Muppets. They have almost no distribution out side of small comic shops and online retailers. If they didnt have the Marvel line i think they would fold like Palisades. Their Muppet figures also have much more complex articulation, more accessories, and usually have multiple characters per pack. If DST made a deal with Target or Walmart we would see a decrease in overall price.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Question is now, will there be a stand alone double figure pack next,
(All the remaining figures from the cancelled wave were 2 packs),
and if so, who and when will it be? Could it be Dr Teeth and Zoot,
or Sam the eagle and Rizzo? I'm hopping for Sam and Rizzo.