Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

MWoO

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly; at least someone is still making Muppet figures, and it's kind of an unfair comparison since pretty much everything pales compared to Palisades. The quality at that price point was insane; Ken says a single figure would easily cost $20 today.

The new case looks nice! Kinda a statement of this line becoming collector-exclusive, though I honestly would've rather had Chef come with Lew Zealand or something than all those accessories.
Yeah, the appeal of the line for me is the multi character packs. The only solo figure we got that i tjought was ok to be solo was Animal for the drum set. They should have put more into the singing food variety instead of spoons and stuff. I like as many Muppet faces in a display as i can get. But it's easier to add more utensil accessories than more food. I remember Ken use to say some accessories you can just have the factory make on their own. Also, the food seems way too small. It looks like it's real food scale instead of singing food scale. Should be a fair bit bigger.

But yes, I am still happy with the DST line as a whole. I love their Scooter, Piggy, Beaker, Rowlf, etc.

By next week I should have pictures of some smaller scale cabbage, eggplant, and scallions along with a proper tomato that doesn't look like an apple and some potatoes that currently look ugly as sin.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Someone posted a review of the new Chef figure. Shows some detailed shots.

It looks ok, but recently i broke out my Santa Chef figure and this pales in comparison to the detail of the old Palisades one. I know its not totally fair to compare the two lines, and DST has some figures I like better, but man there is a huge difference between the two chefs. Still like it though.
Great figure and love the packaging.

jobi71

Reaction score
I hope they have enough success with the Chef to continue the line at least through Dr. Teeth and Zoot, so the Electric Mayhem can be complete (well Lips would be missing). But if I could wave a wand and have the line continue to a more complete collection I would have Dr. Teeth and Zoot and Sam and Rizzo (as planned). The final sets would be # 1 Snowth 1 and Uncle Deadly + a penguin. (You should have the Snowths with Mahna-Mahna, Uncle Deadly is having a resurgence and he makes a striking figure, the penguin would be a repeat of the one with Piggy, but you can never have enough penguins). #2 Snowth 2, a chicken (same reason as penguin) and the other figure could be Pepe - he seems to be the other main character not included or Walter a character new fans and fans reintroduced to the Muppets would know;Lew Zealand or Lips would be hardcore fan pleasers, or a figure that would be striking like Big Mean Carl or even Sweetums. And while any of us could go on and name more sets to make if by a miracle they made it through these four releases then a certain sense of completeness would be achieved.

Rtec1

Reaction score
I’ll still be shocked if we get Dr Teeth and Zoot to be honest. Constantly see the promotion from Diamond Select of their other more prominent lines everywhere on social media/web and little to none for the Muppets. I mean I saw a tweet weeks ago stating the release of the Chef and then nothing, complete silence, compare that to what their Ghostbusters figures get and you can’t escape it. I know the Muppets are a harder sell in today’s market but it all feels to me like Diamond felt forced to get the figures out that were promised, and like someone else, said I could’ve done without all the little dolly kitchen utensils, just give us the figure!!

jobi71

Reaction score
I’ll still be shocked if we get Dr Teeth and Zoot to be honest. Constantly see the promotion from Diamond Select of their other more prominent lines everywhere on social media/web and little to none for the Muppets. I mean I saw a tweet weeks ago stating the release of the Chef and then nothing, complete silence, compare that to what their Ghostbusters figures get and you can’t escape it. I know the Muppets are a harder sell in today’s market but it all feels to me like Diamond felt forced to get the figures out that were promised, and like someone else, said I could’ve done without all the little dolly kitchen utensils, just give us the figure!!
My post/list is very definitely in the realm of "Wouldn't it be great if..." Posters like yourself and others who have more knowledge of the action figure world clearly have a better grasp or guess on what will happen. I do think there is a small chance of Dr. Teeth and Zoot seeing the light of day. I would be very surprised if any beyond that came to be.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I bought Floyd, Janice, Harry, Animal and Rowlf, so I definitely need Zoot to complete my pseudo band pit!

MWoO

Reaction score
Toy Fair is n Feb. If they show Dr. Teeth and Zoot at Toy Fair then we will see them released. If not.... probably not. It seems Diamond wants to release them, but not if it means they loose money. That's basically why they released the Chef first. Out of all the series 4 figures, he has the highest appeal to the general public. If he doesn't sell, then Dr. Teeth and Zoot won't either.

jobi71

Reaction score
Toy Fair is n Feb. If they show Dr. Teeth and Zoot at Toy Fair then we will see them released. If not.... probably not. It seems Diamond wants to release them, but not if it means they loose money. That's basically why they released the Chef first. Out of all the series 4 figures, he has the highest appeal to the general public. If he doesn't sell, then Dr. Teeth and Zoot won't either.
I hope they do get made a. I am sure they would be great and b. it completes the band.

And a little bit of PR- MWoO (what a name!) has a beautiful Fozzie figure for sale and it seems they are working on a few more. So, if these main lines of figures end it still may be possible to fill your own orchestra pit.

MWoO

Reaction score
And a little bit of PR- MWoO (what a name!) has a beautiful Fozzie figure for sale and it seems they are working on a few more. So, if these main lines of figures end it still may be possible to fill your own orchestra pit.
Thank you for the plug. :smile:

Since you mentioned it, I wanted to post here that I am making my new Santa Chef figure/ornament available for sale.

He is hand sculpted, cast in resin, and hand painted.

If anyone would like one you can purchase him through my Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/listing/655055174/the-muppets-swedish-chef-dressed-as?ref=shop_home_active_1

I will also be making the singing food in his bag available for sale separately (they are glued onto the ornament) for those who would like to include them in your figure displays. I am waiting on my DST Chef figure before listing them as I want to have pictures of them with the DST Chef for scale.