Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

DSTZach

Reaction score
I swear we as Muppet fans get screwed in merchandising every time:frown: Tho Palisades did go on for a number of waves and then even extended into digital exclusive waves. But Im seeing Diamond selects big Kingdom Hearts line everywhere in stores and their other lines...I kinda felt the Muppet line was too good to be true.

However, I freaking love the heck out of the three waves we did get :smile:
I just wanted to complete the Electric Mayhem
We WISH stores like Walgreens and Target and GameStop were interested in Muppets, but it is a hard sell with no current media attached. Kingdom Hearts is one of our most successful launches in recent memory.

Hopefully we can move on to Dr. Teeth next. I think he is stronger than Sam, IMHO.

BTW, if anyone is still looking for Series 1, we have the basic TRU figures in our webstore, as well as the Select balcony version of Statler and Waldorf. Plus all of the tumblers, mugs and pint glasses. Series 2 and 3 were all sold to retailers, so you may see them out in the wild a little more.

Rtec1

Reaction score
Hopefully we can move on to Dr Teeth next!

Are you saying that if Swedish Chef sells well you will move on to just Dr Teeth for $25 and not the actual two pack including Zoot?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We WISH stores like Walgreens and Target and GameStop were interested in Muppets, but it is a hard sell with no current media attached. Kingdom Hearts is one of our most successful launches in recent memory.

Hopefully we can move on to Dr. Teeth next. I think he is stronger than Sam, IMHO.

BTW, if anyone is still looking for Series 1, we have the basic TRU figures in our webstore, as well as the Select balcony version of Statler and Waldorf. Plus all of the tumblers, mugs and pint glasses. Series 2 and 3 were all sold to retailers, so you may see them out in the wild a little more.
Hey. Good to see you back! So the Rizzo/Sam, Teeth/Zoot will no longer be 2 packs, right? It's great these will finally be released!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Maybe Disney could help their Licensee by selling the figures at Disney Parks and Disney shopping on line.:wisdom:
I wish it would work this way. It should, but it doesn't for a myriad of technical reasons I've never understood. Imagine how many units Disney Parks would sell if they had these in their gift stores and in Disney Stores.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I figured they would all eventually come, and I'm pretty much 100% sure he is not saying Zoot and Rizzo are getting removed, but he's just saying only Dr. Teeth because he is the "headliner" of the two.

Kingdom Hearts is one of our most successful launches in recent memory.
This is freakin' awesome; I'm the guy on KHInsider (Neo_GFX) that is raving about those figures.

Imagine how many units Disney Parks would sell if they had these in their gift stores and in Disney Stores.
I want to smash the like button 1000x on this post... even in the Muppet gift shop alone.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I figured they would all eventually come, and I'm pretty much 100% sure he is not saying Zoot and Rizzo are getting removed, but he's just saying only Dr. Teeth because he is the "headliner" of the two.

This is freakin' awesome; I'm the guy on KHInsider (Neo_GFX) that is raving about those figures.

I want to smash the like button 1000x on this post... even in the Muppet gift shop alone.
But that would make too much sense. LOL.

The gritty truth is that Disney Stores and Disney Parks gift shops are likely seen as separate retailers. There really should be a way thorough that bureaucracy, but it likely comes down to the idea that the parks want exclusive things you can't find in commercial stores.

Rtec1

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Marvel Select figures were available to buy in Disneyland and Euro Disney in recent years when I’ve been, and definitely in Disney Stores in UK

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I think this is what really hurts this line. "Hopefully". It is very difficult for Muppet fans to commit to buying the figures if there is no guarantee that their collection is going to be complete. It's a lot of money to spend when you are only going to get a half a dozen figures in your muppet collection.