Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Great case setup, Rtec.

It's hard to gauge Statler & Waldorf's size, since they're usually apart, and in the back row of most group photos, but I always thought they were closer to human size than the others because they were more "human" Muppets, like the Swedish Chef. Maybe Jaime can weigh in.

Waldorf: 2 foot 4
Statler: 3 foot 3

Rtec1

Reaction score
The Swedish Chef: 3 foot 6
Fozzie: 3 foot 5
Rowlf: 3 foot 4
Beaker: 3 foot 2
Miss Piggy: 3 foot 1
Animal: 2 foot 10
Sam: 2 foot 10
Walter: 2 foot 5
Scooter: 2 foot 4
Kermit: 2 foot 2 1/2
Gonzo: 2 foot

Which would make Fozzie taller than Statler, and more notably Animal a lot smaller than he is

Rtec1

Reaction score
http://mentalfloss.com/uk/entertainment/35937/the-muppets-how-tall-are-they?uk

Den Of Geek went on set for the last Muppet movie, Muppets Most Wanted, and caught on the side of the wall a list of the official heights of the Muppets themselves. Of the 'regular sized' Muppets, which do you think is the tallest?

Well, the list reads:

jvcarroll

Reaction score

Which would make Fozzie taller than Statler, and more notably Animal a lot smaller than he is
You bring up some excellent points. All of the DST figure heights aren't completely accurate, but not any less accurate than many of the Palisades ones were. It's just different.

While working with Palisades, we found that the comparative sizes of Muppets have always been fungible. Incidentally, I worked on a lot of those, from S5 Gonzo and Johnny Fiamma to Pops, Lips, Uncle Deadly and many more. I've literally spent *years* scrutinizing this material in different legit paid positions. I'm at not liberty to mention some of them, but I can talk Palisades.

The measurements you've listed are very rough estimates and have changed over time, Scooter's height has particularly fluctuated. And they're all cheated-out in frame. If Kermit and Fozzie weren't greatly cheated out, the frog would drop out of frame when filmed. Ultimately there's what is right and what seems right and a good rendition finds the average between the two.

I have the Animal poser at home and he's a figgin tall fella, yet his posture is terrible. One can reflect that in how they pose the DST figure. It's probably one of the most accurate Animal sculptures I've seen.

As for Statler & Waldorf's hands. I seen internal photos that reflect how big, strange and arthritic they are. I believe that to be quite accurate too. The eye focus for most of DST's line has been amazing! There are a few characters that are the exceptions to the rule. I think most of the Waldorfs have the usual eye focus, but maybe yours is off. This version very much reflects the classic 70's puppet best remembered on the actual Jim Henson era Muppet Show. It should be noted that his eyes back then were often wonky, sometimes even lazy, and his lids would often hang heaver over them. I have yet to add these grumpy old men to my collection so I can't speak for the comparative heights. I can say that the likenesses, from what I've seen, are much more accurate than what's come before.

In the end, none of this matters. We all remember these characters differently, over different eras, different puppet renditions with different impressions applied to all of them. So, I ultimately don't see much legit right or wrong. Just different roads to go. Jim Henson never really set the Muppets up for products the way other companies did. That's why there have been so many different interpretations. And I kind of prefer that. What I'm most looking forward to is series three. The end result they've been advertising seems as close as one can get with those characters. I'm truly thrilled by all of that.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I am also selling my Palisades figures as well. Only three of the six I own. I am keeping Johnny Fiama & Uncle Deadly which both are works of art.
I worked on those. Very proud of the work that everybody did on that. I hope we see both in DST form, but Johnny's been out of the game so long.

DSTZach

Reaction score
That is a very, very interesting list of heights! It gets much more interesting when you watch Muppets Most Wanted and learn that Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais are three feet tall and that Ty Burrell is four feet tall. The magic of the movies!

Even the film's internal height charts are off!

Rtec1

Reaction score
lol I wish I'd never started the size comparisons now. I can't say enough how much I love these figures and you can tell that from the pics I've taken on my Instagram!
But again, anymore info on wave 3 accessories or series 4? lol

DSTZach

Reaction score
lol I wish I'd never started the size comparisons now. I can't say enough how much I love these figures and you can tell that from the pics I've taken on my Instagram!
But again, anymore info on wave 3 accessories or series 4? lol
I don't know more than what we've shown. Camera, mirror, guitar, bass... Series 4 I honestly haven't studied the lineup yet, but it's still a ways off.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I worked on those. Very proud of the work that everybody did on that. I hope we see both in DST form, but Johnny's been out of the game so long.
Wow Jamie that's cool you did work on my two favorite figures, did you work on any other figures released or unreleased?