Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does this mean there's no hope for people outside America?
No, you just have to find an American or Canadian retailer that ships worldwide, although I am surprised that Forbidden Planet (UK) has them on their website. Either the license has changed or FP has an American distributor that is sending them.

DSTZach

Reaction score
Something i'v actually been meaning to ask regarding Fozzie and his hat. Do we know is the hat is going to be removable & magnetic a la Palisades or is it just going to be sculpted onto the figure
It is removable, but not magnetic, at least not on my early action figure sample.

Saw a post here of a picture that I had posted on Facebook of some of the diamonds Select muppets including the pigs in space set. I found that on either Facebook or Google search originally. There was a different Zach posting that on here "muppet central" of that image I found with my FB attached, Just a coincidence I assume. I don't post much on here anymore but do read when I can. Does anyone know when and where the Gonzo and Swedish chef sets of the mini mates figures will be released?
I post here and at other Muppet forums, I may have shared the same Minimates image here and on FB.

Do you think Bunsen and Beaker will be restocked online? I don't have any convenient Toys R Us stores. Just bought the other 3 sets today in a comic store.
I do not believe toysrus.com will get more of Minimates Series 1, but they may get in more inventory from somewhere. The Minimate Multiverse community has a flea market/trades forum, and the various MM Facebook pages may have people who can check stores for you.

I've noticed that at Toys R Us, the back packaging for all of the figures includes Bunsen and Beaker. I assume the same is done at all of the places that sell Gonzo and the Chef. I'd like to see back packaging sold at places that don't have any exclusives, the ones that would only show Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Scooter.
There is no such place or packaging. If the store is not TRU, then they are a comic or specialty store, and that includes Hastings and MovieStop. All non-TRU stores will get Chef and Gonzo Minimates.

Does anyone know if these figures are sold in Canada? I can't find them on toysrus.ca
I do not believe ToysRUs Canada has been getting a lot of stuff from us recently, and I do not know how they and the .ca website are connected. (In the US, I believe they are managed separately.) But Lukestoystore.com is a great Minimates seller online, and they ship everywhere.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I agree, a backward step, and not something that I would expect from Gentle Giant.
Fozzie, Bean, Gonzo, and Camilla look fantastic! I think I can get used to Scooter's Big Bird beak, which looks better than how he looked in Letters to Santa. Kermit's pupils are a bit too large though. Hopefully it's just the picture.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie, Bean, Gonzo, and Camilla look fantastic! I think I can get used to Scooter's Big Bird beak, which looks better than how he looked in Letters to Santa. Kermit's pupils are a bit too large though. Hopefully it's just the picture.
I think the top part of Scooter's head is too small or his glasses should be bigger.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I really hope it's a weird angle on Scooter because they really did take a step back. The prototypes were perfect for the look they were going for.

It is removable, but not magnetic, at least not on my early action figure sample.
Do you know how it stays on then?

Is the hat peg on or something else.
Yeah, maybe there's a peg sticking through the bottom of the hat and a hole in his head we can't see.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Or maybe the hat can stick on the head with help by the ears.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now that Miss Piggy has a penguin on the current show, and in thinking about how the Kermit figure comes with two small characters, it'd be great if the Miss Piggy figure would come with Foo-Foo and Gloria Estefan.

Of course, including a Gloria Estefan pack-in might be too late, depending on if Miss Piggy is planned for series 2 (I would expect her to be there, but you never know, I'm surprised she's not in series 1) and how far along sculpting is for when she comes out (not to mention how long we have to wait).

I also wonder if they can use the Gloria Estefan name in the packaging (will the packaging list all names and accessories? I saw packaging pics at Tough Pigs and didn't notice names on there), or would they have to refer to the penguin as something else (similar to how Muppet Race Mania refers to Spa'Am as "Pig Chief").