Desperately seeking Muppet fan in Phoenix, Arizona

beaker

Reaction score
Took the bus there. There were maybe about 40-50 people there pretty much exclusively college aged - all very hyped and excited and loving it. The local papers didn't have ANY info about the midnight showing so really the only way people would have even known about them would have been via online info.

Getting home was a different story. Despite having a sign on my back all night reading "Need ride home (19th ave/Cactus)" not one person offered to help...everyone was basically involved with their own little clique. So spent 3 1/2 hours walking home scared to death of being mugged the entire time. Really kind of ruined the whole experience; not just the pain/discomefort but the disillusionment in my faith in Muppet fans. Given everything else in my life i should have known one single night of enjoyment was too much too ask for. I now have a primal allergic reaction to Life's a Happy Song.
Well...there was a screaming kid running around the ENTIRE movie next to me(good thing I have perfected my zen like focus)...and as I mentioned in the main movie thread, I had to walk a few miles and back. But I think of how nomadic Mongolian people trek through harsh winters with nothing but yacks and bushels on their backs for countless miles. But I still enjoyed it. Sure, I woulda liked to have seen it with Muppet loving fellow nerd friends in a big city theater, and maybe I can do that later on. But I also like quiet personal experiences.

I know what its like to walk. everywhere. I took a bus to Los Angeles for a convention in july 2009. Ended up walking for miles and miles in the heat with extremely heavy luggage bags on each arm. There was a screwup with my meetup group, so I ended up having to sleep on the concrete outside the convention, almost got robbed at an ATM and generally was reduced to tears before the weekend was even up.

It sucks to not have hardly any friends, a car, or much money. But its been my life for so long, I got it down to a science.

Anyways, Im SO glad you saw it, as I was very excited to hear your comments on it. See D-dub, I too have been in a very dark state this year with feeling sad/worried of the future and depression. But I feel we deserve grand, glorious things.

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

RedPiggy

Reaction score
DW beat me to the movie? Oh well. :big_grin:

Work called me last night and said it'd be better for them if I worked Fri instead of today. See, unlike I guess the rest of the planet, I thought the movie STARTED on Thanksgiving, not the day before. :stick_out_tongue:

Imagine my surprise to see all these reviews yesterday (I didn't read them, though), LOL.

beaker said:
I know what its like to walk. everywhere. I took a bus to Los Angeles for a convention in july 2009. Ended up walking for miles and miles in the heat with extremely heavy luggage bags on each arm. There was a screwup with my meetup group, so I ended up having to sleep on the concrete outside the convention, almost got robbed at an ATM and generally was reduced to tears before the weekend was even up.
My brother went to New Orleans on vacation, but they had to evacuate for a hurricane (not Katrina). EVERYONE ditched entire hotels' worth of people. He had to walk to the airport with all his luggage in muggy heat until he actually found a bus eventually. I think he said it was like 10 city blocks or something.

Anyway, whatever ... I'm glad you got to see the movie, DW. Try not to focus too much on the pain of getting back. You had a goal and you made it. The Goblin King got you there ... though he could've been a bit helpful getting back. :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
NEVER say "piece of cake" in Phoenix!

dw, truly truly sorry I wasn't there. I hope to make it up to you somehow when my car is fully fixed.
---------------------