Defunctland TV is dedicating the entire month of April 2019 to Jim Henson

gravy

Reaction score
Last episode of the series comes out Sunday morning.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Speaking of Muppet history videos, if Defunctland's Muppet history videos are too much for you, this user (known as Adam Fair Land) literally did the entire history of the Muppets into one 45-minute video. However, unlike Defunctland, his is more humorous and much less detailed. His editing style is an acquired taste. Personally, I think it's funny, but I could also see others not being into it. See for yourself (if you're willing to sit through an entire 45-minute Muppet history video).
11 minutes in and enjoying it, but his sound levels are all over the place.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I was in tears over the last video, I always feel a little sad when I see Jim again but when I'm reminded of his passing I feel even worse. Still it was a great video and a nice tribute to Jim :jim:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I appreciate the fact that they did this series and all the work that went into them. I do.

But, I'm sorry, the narration makes it such a chore to get through; I can't stand it. The Muppets should register more emotion and not constant monotone, flat delivery. And there's a number of times where I feel excess detail isn't necessary, which means I have to hear more of him.

(And I get what he was trying to do in this last one, interweaving the memorial service and tribute special throughout, but it never really worked transitionally).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I appreciate the fact that they did this series and all the work that went into them. I do.

But, I'm sorry, the narration makes it such a chore to get through; I can't stand it. The Muppets should register more emotion and not constant monotone, flat delivery. And there's a number of times where I feel excess detail isn't necessary, which means I have to hear more of him.

(And I get what he was trying to do in this last one, interweaving the memorial service and tribute special throughout, but it never really worked transitionally).
yeah, I have siblings who won't watch certain Defunct videos, they say the narrator scares them a little because he sounds so serious

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Though the narration may have been a little flat, the presentation of it all, in my opinion, was top-notch.
I agree, Defunctland goes deep into the history of everything, they talked about some things that I didn't even know about