Defunctland TV is dedicating the entire month of April 2019 to Jim Henson

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Leave Kevin alone!
My bad, sorry I had an opinion.

I don’t have any issues with him. What aspects of his hosting skills are you not into?
Something about his delivery isn't working for me. He's talking about silly puppet shows but sounds like he's reading a class assignment; there's not enough personality coming through.

datman24

Reaction score
Something about his delivery isn't working for me. He's talking about silly puppet shows but sounds like he's reading a class assignment; there's not enough personality coming through.
I understand. I find his presentation quite engaging and enjoyable. It may not be for everyone, but at least he does his research when making these kinds of his videos. Your description of how you feel about him sounds more like Saberspark. Now, I don't find find his videos to be terrible, but they aren't great, either. A lot of his videos sounds like he's reiterating whatever he finds off of Wikipedia or what the general online community says about whatever he is talking about. Sometimes, he just misses key points in some of his videos. Personally, I find Defunctland to be an overall good channel, but if you're looking for a great channel who also does these types of videos, might I recommend Pop Arena and his continuing series of Nick Knacks' videos where he delves into every show that ever aired on Nickelodeon (which means he will be doing The Muppet Show at some point in the distant future). He might not have the large subscriber count that Defunctland has, but he does makes top-notch quality videos that I find much superior to Defunctland. Check him out yourself, and if it's still not to your liking, at least I tried.
https://www.youtube.com/user/poparena

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I already love that narrator cause I watched the Between the Lions/Disney stuff, so I can't really get an objective feel on it.

Pierre the Rat was actually Jim's first puppet, not Kermit? I also read on Jim's Red Book that Sam was built before Kermit. :confused:

Edit: Also, the fact someone said Jim was a cross between Jesus and Abe Lincoln... ****! :big_grin:

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen people at Toughpigs point out how odd it is that this series seems to be rushing through events from Sam and Friends to Sesame Street. Make me curious how the rest will turn out.

Will it mostly be one show per part? I could see part 2 being primarily Sesame Street, part 3 primarily The Muppet Show, part 4 being primarily Fraggle Rock (and maybe Muppet Babies), Part 5 being The StoryTeller and The Jim Henson Hour, and part 6 being his plans to sell to Disney and his passing. Since it's called Defunctland TV, will it rush past his film works?

One thing that would be great would be if part 6 could focus on The Jim Henson Company after Jim's passing (or maybe do a video on that after the initial six-part series).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I've seen people at Toughpigs point out how odd it is that this series seems to be rushing through events from Sam and Friends to Sesame Street. Make me curious how the rest will turn out.

Will it mostly be one show per part? I could see part 2 being primarily Sesame Street, part 3 primarily The Muppet Show, part 4 being primarily Fraggle Rock (and maybe Muppet Babies), Part 5 being The StoryTeller and The Jim Henson Hour, and part 6 being his plans to sell to Disney and his passing. Since it's called Defunctland TV, will it rush past his film works?

One thing that would be great would be if part 6 could focus on The Jim Henson Company after Jim's passing (or maybe do a video on that after the initial six-part series).
I did get the slightest inkling that the end of this episode was rushed (the ending montage that rushed from S&F to SS); those quick clips with the white cursive font was hard to read.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Those bits were the only things I really liked - matching the entries from Jim's Red Book with the video of each thing; like a video form of that Imagination Illustrated book. I could honestly watch a whole video based on that premise.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the whole thing is pretty great. It's very informational with little to no errata, and the whole thing is pretty professional, I'd say.
100% agreed. Whatever topic Kevin covers he does it in a way that is professional and very informative. The same goes for his interviews