Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Do the dinosaurs explode at any point? Or jump into the air like excited penguins?

Dearth

Reaction score
No more so than Long John Silver or Ebenezer Scrooge did in those Muppet retellings.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Good news! I found the PERFECT thing to use for the Bossmen's eyes!

They're not painted yet, so I haven't glued them in place, but I was so happy with their size, shape, low weight, and low price, that I had to snap a picture of the test fit.

And what, you are no doubt wondering, are these miraculous objects?

Well, they say that for a creative type, eventually you will use everything you ever learned. I myself have not been fishing since the death of my grandfather when I was 12 years old, almost thirty years ago now... but when I was trying to think of the perfect item for these eyes, a memory of a specific item came *ahem* floating to the surface!

Styrofoam bobbers! I bought two packs of three for $1.12 each at Wal-Mart.

I also went to Hobby Lobby on a tip about some toy dinosaur skulls that I may can use for Jurasick Pork, and noticed that the chenille stems are no longer on sale for 50% off... but they ARE on sale for 40% off!

Alas, they are currently out of lime green, but they have the hot pink in stock.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Another video of how the photos get manipulated after they're taken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjLq6daMp8

I thought this shot was complete in-camera, but once I got to looking at all of the distant little details that needed fixing, it kept snowballing until I had completely changed the dinosaur(s) and even the shore of the pond!

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Hey Dearth, have you thought of doing Christmas Carol customs with cabbin boys Gonzo and Rizzo? you could also make the Marley brothers, Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, and Mrs. Cratchit.

Dearth

Reaction score
I have contemplated a Gonzo-as-Dickens custom before. That's another of those reasons that I had a Kermit tophat molded so I could have copies cast. Hadn't thought of doing Rizzo, but that's a good idea since I have the extra Cabin Boy sets.

~~~

Dug out some of my old Jurassic Park toys today!

Still trying to locate my compound playset.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Just a little heads-up... the forum at Rebelscum.com where all of my photos are uploaded is going to be undergoing a server change later today, hopefully coming back online at its new location on Friday. Not sure if that will turn all of my old photos into little red X's or what, so bear with me.

~~~

Custom Link/Muldoon is nearly done. He got a base coat of 'taupe' spray-paint yesterday, the closest I could find to khaki. Just need to hand-detail his belt, boots, socks, vest, etc. Hope to have him done by the weekend, but we've had an unexpected death in the family (my niece and nephew's Dad; my sister's first husband) so silly Muppet projects are taking a back seat for now.

~~~

Neat Muppet anecdote: I won an auction on eBay for a diecast Miss Piggy as Scarlett O'Hara, and the seller recognized my name on the shipping info... he's the same guy that I did the custom Dubonnet Club dress and Saltine commissions for!

He was about to send me a Palisades Piggy for another commission anyway, so the diecast Piggy will just hitch a ride in that package, haha.

Alex