Dealing with depression and anxiety

Beth C

Reaction score
I normally don't post my issues here on the web but this looked like a great place to unload some stress. I suffer from depression, anxiety and general low self esteem.

Right now i'm going through a difficult patch in my life where my landlord is trying to break me. The past month has been a living nightmare, and it doesn't look like it's going to end.

I might be homeless by the end of the weekend. I've gotten about as much help from family and friends as I can get and I can't expect any more.

Every day right now is a nightmare and I just want it to end. I'm at the end of my rope and don't know if I can hang on much longer.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I normally don't post my issues here on the web but this looked like a great place to unload some stress. I suffer from depression, anxiety and general low self esteem.

Right now i'm going through a difficult patch in my life where my landlord is trying to break me. The past month has been a living nightmare, and it doesn't look like it's going to end.

I might be homeless by the end of the weekend. I've gotten about as much help from family and friends as I can get and I can't expect any more.

Every day right now is a nightmare and I just want it to end. I'm at the end of my rope and don't know if I can hang on much longer.
What is the landlord doing? Some things you can take him to court. Depending on circumstances, judges might side with you while landlords get the book thrown at them.

Beth C

Reaction score
What is the landlord doing? Some things you can take him to court. Depending on circumstances, judges might side with you while landlords get the book thrown at them.

it's long and drawn out. I will say I was in the wrong on this and I'm trying to fix everything that got destroyed but I really don't have the money and will soon be homeless. No judge would side with me as she has pictures of the damage.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
it's long and drawn out. I will say I was in the wrong on this and I'm trying to fix everything that got destroyed but I really don't have the money and will soon be homeless. No judge would side with me as she has pictures of the damage.
Hugs, Beth. I hope everything will work out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, after finishing college after a good long 4 years, I have been kind of mood-swingy, with a hint of just overthinking and anxiety.

Unfortunately, the latter has happened to me when I was in bachelor's (definitely harder than aasosiate's), and once you've been exposed to alot of stress for too long, it can catch up fast.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, after finishing college after a good long 4 years, I have been kind of mood-swingy, with a hint of just overthinking and anxiety.

Unfortunately, the latter has happened to me when I was in bachelor's (definitely harder than aasosiate's), and once you've been exposed to alot of stress for too long, it can catch up fast.
So true. I'm currently working on my bachelor's, and there are times where I felt like my head was going to explode!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Start my next semester of grad school in 5 days...

I've been alright, I passed my class I failed the first time through and while I didn't get a perfect grade, I got enough to pass and move on.

I am worried about reading material etc...in my coming semester but, my mom is being oddly nice and said if it'll help me, I am more than welcome to purchase a speed-reading guide to improve my comprehension and all.

She's been oddly nice lately but, I'll leave it at that. I can't get used to that as I've learned but, I can enjoy the niceness while it lasts at an arm's length.

Had to take out money from my secret stash name change fund to get some cash for activities with my best friend but, it's nothing I can't get back sooner or later. And, that bugs me some only because I wish I could drive already and I could go and do all that name-change paperwork myself and finally be happy, at least in that regard. (I hate my legal name because my father gave it to me and, I hate having his last name).

Epilepsy sucks :frown: ( that's the reason I can't drive); first I was told I'd be a-okay in October to drive but now my doctor, female Ahhhnold (like Arnold Schwarzenegger), said not until November. I realize she's doctor and whatnot but I am so sick of being a pain and being unable to drive. Sure, my boyfriend and my bestie are super cool about it and keep telling me it's okay but, I'm a true Aries and am soooo impatient over it.

Though, I think a lot of my motivation to attempt to move past that anger/frustration of being unable to drive myself places and not feel useless is coming from the fact that, July made it 1 year of me being free of self-harm. I don't know how I got here but: here I am. I need to always keep fighting (I even have a shirt that says that from actor, Jared Padalecki's 'Always Keep Fighting' campaign which is about not letting depression get the better of you)

Sending good vibes all around ^^

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If I let my true Taurus self hold sway (actually, April 21 is on the cusp, so shades of Aries, but patience rules here) I'd be the most stubborn son of a gun on two feet.
Patience is not what we always want, but sometimes is what we need. Plus being humble enough to let others help. Yes, it's a big deal at your age to be able to drive on your own (freedom at stake). But think about this: there are some on this board that are too scared to get behind the wheel at all. You're already ahead of many people.

Even if you have to wait until November to be cleared to drive, it will be here before you know it. A good part of August is over already. Take a look and see how fast this year has gone by. You blink, it's over.

A year without self-harm? Give yourself a hand. You deserve to be proud of that.
Life is tough. But look how far you've come. I'm proud of you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Taking a break from my Facebook page due to real life mood swings.

Sometimes I just need to get away from people.