Dealing with depression and anxiety

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Anxiety is (sadly) a big part of my life since the late 90s (was a teen back then) and it just won't go away. This feeling of worrying and keep thinking over and over about obsessive things, always have the feeling that people judge you bad just because you stand there in front of them. Even now that I'm tiping these words I'm thinking "what will those who read this think...omg". I tried terapy but the anxiety prevents me to deal with things, I keep postpone things and so that was kinda pointless. Maybe I chose the wrong terapist, don't know.
I also suffer sometimes from panic attacks, the last one was more than a year ago so that's not a major thing for now.
I also get frustrated very easily and I often give up even before trying.

I'm actually a really cheerful person, I'm still a child inside and I just have a huge imagination, and often I just live in my own world.

I'm so fed up with all this situation, but yeah, it's really not easy if the people around you don't really understand and so they can not help... :frown:

At least there's a muppet that is really like me (Telly <3)
I understand how you feel, anxiety is very frustrating to deal with, the constant worrying about everything and the self-consciousness. But hopefully we can help you here should you ever need it. And sometimes it does take going to a couple of therapists to find the right one, I went to two before I found the one that helped me out.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Anxiety is (sadly) a big part of my life since the late 90s (was a teen back then) and it just won't go away. This feeling of worrying and keep thinking over and over about obsessive things, always have the feeling that people judge you bad just because you stand there in front of them. Even now that I'm tiping these words I'm thinking "what will those who read this think...omg". I tried terapy but the anxiety prevents me to deal with things, I keep postpone things and so that was kinda pointless. Maybe I chose the wrong terapist, don't know.
I also suffer sometimes from panic attacks, the last one was more than a year ago so that's not a major thing for now.
I also get frustrated very easily and I often give up even before trying.

I'm actually a really cheerful person, I'm still a child inside and I just have a huge imagination, and often I just live in my own world.

I'm so fed up with all this situation, but yeah, it's really not easy if the people around you don't really understand and so they can not help... :frown:

At least there's a muppet that is really like me (Telly <3)
Being able to come on here as a new member, and sharing that with all of us is a big step. It will have to take time, and finding the right place to heal yourself, maybe it's Muppet Central. There are people here would understand your Muppet fandom, and other things that you are talking about as well. Your frustrated with your situation, and that is a good sign that you will start finding ways to improve them. I just hope we are able to help as well.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Sigh...

School.

I recently started at a new four-year college after finishing my Associate's degree and.... I'm not liking it. At all. The first thing I don't like is what was my own choice: living at home and commuting. To drive to the school, I have to drive down the incredibly annoying interstate everyday. More about that later...

Second, my major. I wanted a Mass Communications program but the school likes to have lots of miscommunication so I got stuck in New Media, which is more of an arts major. I didn't realize that until it was too late and, while I could change my major to something closer but not exact to Mass Communications, I'm now stuck in a bunch of studio art classes I don't want to take. The worst part of it? Most of these classes take up FOUR HOURS in the middle of the day (some of these classes actually are four hours), meaning my entire late morning/afternoon until 6PM all consists of commuting and being in class. I don't have time to get a really decent job unless I find something that's just 2-3 days a week, I don't have time to socialize with people on campus because I can only be there for (and only feel the will to be up there for) class and the classes I'm taking are just plain boring. I don't care about photography and critiquing our work, I don't care about sound, I want to make videos but I don't want to make trippy hipster "video art". It's only been 2 weeks and I'm totally done with my classes. :frown: I just want this semester to be over already, I'm considering transferring and taking out loans to do that, but I don't know, I just hate this semester so much. I'm no artist, I don't want this.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
my friend it's sounds like you need a rewind button, so that you could change all that. I really hope things get better for you soon.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why did you sign up for the classes when you knew they had the wrong major listed? I'm confused. Did they just put you into those classes?

Speaking of college...

*Screams and pulls hair out*

I hate being an education major. I was basically forced into it because we couldn't afford to send me to college any other way. Now that I'm IN a classroom teaching, I'm just...I feel like I don't belong. It's my own emotional problems. The students actually really like me. I talk to them about video games and stuff. I guess I can relate to them more than most teachers and they are receptive of that.

But I dunno. When I'm actually up there, teaching, I just feel like I'm not cut out for it. I am not good at public speaking. I slur my words. I trip over my words. I sound like a stuttering idiot. The only thing I have going for me is that I don't say 'Um.' My problem is saying, "Ok, so..." too much, especially during transitions into a new topic. I feel like sometimes the students just stare at me and don't or can't take anything in.

And then we have all these projects and stuff and bleh.

I actually had a bit of a breakdown earlier. My emotions aren't the most stable of things and I am easily stressed out and always high strung, and I think this morning I just let everything get to me and I basically cried the whole ride to the school.

I think the teacher I was working with kinda realized I wasn't in the greatest of mental states today and just had me read to the students and didn't make me do anything complicated. Heh. I might just talk to the school guidance councilor. He's really nice. The problem is...I am such an emotional wreck that I do not want people comforting me. it makes the problem so much worse than it has to be. I just want to lock myself in a room away from people and cry. People comforting me makes me cry harder.

Of course, I still have to deal with my mom who is like...a nutcase to begin with. And everyone wonders why my mental state is so screwed up :s

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow, it dose sound like you could use some help. Somehow you have to be able to take when your talking to the kids about video games, and transfer that to your teaching skills. I think what makes a good teacher, is not really about what they say, or do, but how they say it. What I mean by that is, get excited, about what your teaching, and that will get the kids attention. You can do it, I'm sure with a little practice you will make a great teacher!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Why did you sign up for the classes when you knew they had the wrong major listed? I'm confused. Did they just put you into those classes?
At the time, I thought the major I applied for would be suited for me and the classes that corresponded with it. It wasn't until the classes actually started and I realized how they worked that I realized I was in the total wrong major and wanted to change.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
School is just, meh. I'm trying my hardest but I keep messing up! And my teacher is Soooo mean! She said if we ask for extra credit we get a detention for 2 weeks!!! And I'm only in 6th grade but their making me figure what college I wanna go to!!
And Sgt Floyd have you ever made the kids laugh or smile? If you have focus on that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You where starting to tell me something about school, and I was going to ask you more about it. Wow I mean it is always good to start thinking about collage at a young age, but you are no where ready to know what school or even major you want to study. I'm sorry and I hope things would out better for you soon.