Dark Crystal II Directors Creating Hundreds of Puppets

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Great news, I think the puppets were a huge part of the original as well as nearly all of Hensons work - CGI just isnt the same, and it doesnt draw me back to my childhood like puppets do. I hope the new film has the same 80s magic that the original did. I cant wait to see it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Not to diss the original, its one of my top 5 films, but how many times are they gonna crack the crystal in the world of Thraa? I hope they show Aughra doing a face palm when it happens. (since having the crystal crack, and skesis re-appear kind makes the whole prophecy thing worthless).
"Prophets don't know everything."

cabbageheat

Reaction score
lol

Clever. But, I think that line is taken out of context. She was answering Jen's question about riding those crazy Land Striders, not the validity of the actual prophecy and the destiny they both were on. But I see where you were going. :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
One of the things I really think makes the Spierigs the right guys to make this - their film Daybreakers has the same kind of lonesomeness that makes so much of The Dark Crystal unsettling. It's all about atmosphere. The reason it scared me so much as a kid, and still gives me the heebie-jeebies today is because it feels very much like a world with little life left. There are only a certain number of Mystics and Skeksis, only two Gelflings, and just a handful of various other creatures. It's a scary world, and it's exactly what they're fighting for - to restore life and hope with a new population.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
If DC2 had the same general look as a LOTR movie, that would be cool - they were gritty and realistic and the CGI went well with the real props and costumes.

monster maker

Reaction score
so theres finally some movement on the movie, i hope it pans out, Dark crystal is one of my favourite henson movies

fozziecub10

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal has a cult following, cult films are hard to follow up and hard to get funding and made because of the box office takings from its release. but then again saying that sometimes the sequels are better than the originals. Then again if it gets a bad review and a third and final instalment is written it could be better than both of them.
Now the third one could include humans looking for a world to colonize and arrive and Thra would learn to live in peace after defeating/working with the humans lol.

Avatar like DC, hmm i thought Avatar was more like Pochahontis lol.

The Tokyo Pop comics are good but too similar to the storyof the original so I hope they dont adapt them as the story.