Dark Crystal II Directors Creating Hundreds of Puppets

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Awesome....cannot wait for this one. I loved the first movie. It will be nice to see another one after all these years.

monster maker

Reaction score
i hope finally we get to see this movie made, wonder if weta will have a hand in it, they certainly know how to produce realistic monsters and props, not to mention puppets

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I was reading an interesting post on IMDB. The poster was speculating that the production team behind DC2 were waiting to see how Tron: Legacy performs at the box office. The film, like DC2, is a sequel to an 80s scifi/fantasy.

I don't know, it's complete speculation, but it's an interesting view point. It makes sense. DC2 is as much of a gamble, really, as Tron: Legacy.

Rob B

Reaction score
With the use of puppets being used, I can only hope that the filmmakers haven't decided to utilize CGI wizardry for everything in the film.
For the heart of any effort from the worlds crated by Jim Henson comes from the cloth, rubber, and plastic creations imbued with life by puppeteers inspired by the creative genius of Jim Henson.
Having heard that there is dischord in the world which Jen has to correct I cannot help but wonder and worry of this is merely a rehash of the original--albeit without Jim Henson.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Exactly.

I've stated this in previous posts about this film. But...what is the world of the Dark Crystal...without the crystal cracking again? That's it. That's all you can do to tell this story. So, it borders on a re-make/re-do in a film that has a one note plot.

Not to diss the original, its one of my top 5 films, but how many times are they gonna crack the crystal in the world of Thraa? I hope they show Aughra doing a face palm when it happens. (since having the crystal crack, and skesis re-appear kind makes the whole prophecy thing worthless).

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Aughra: (FACE PALM) "Oh no, not this *beep* again! I'm tired of these motha*beep* Skeksis in this motha *beep* Thra!" :scary:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Chamberlain: MMMmmmMMMmmm ... prophecy said two become one ... prophecies fail to mention for how long! :scary:

Laszlo

Reaction score
I was reading an interesting post on IMDB. The poster was speculating that the production team behind DC2 were waiting to see how Tron: Legacy performs at the box office. The film, like DC2, is a sequel to an 80s scifi/fantasy.

I don't know, it's complete speculation, but it's an interesting view point. It makes sense. DC2 is as much of a gamble, really, as Tron: Legacy.
Yes, exactly what I thought. BUT this is only one side, because TRON is much different from DARK CRYSTAL. I think DC is kinda like AVATAR.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yes, exactly what I thought. BUT this is only one side, because TRON is much different from DARK CRYSTAL. I think DC is kinda like AVATAR.
This is true. The similarities between DC and TRON are purely superficial, in that they are from around the same time period, and they have sequels in production/already made several years after the originals.

As for Avatar... I feel more like Avatar is like DC rather than DC being like Avatar. :wink: