Dark Crystal and Labyrinth on Blu-ray

Will you be buying the Dark Crystal and/or Labyrinth on Blu-Ray?

• Yes, I can’t wait to see what the films look like in HD

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Yes, later when I get a Blu-ray player

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • No, the DVD’s I already have are good enough

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No, I’m not interested in these films

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're only a few short weeks away from the release of the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth on Blu-ray on September 29.

Pre-Order Dark Crystal on Blu-ray – Save 32%

Bonus Features Include:
  • Commentary with Brian Froud
  • Picture-in-Picture Storyboard Track
  • The Book of Thra: Dark Crystal Collector
  • SkekTek’s Crystal Challenge Trivia Game
  • Original Skeksis Language – Test Scenes with Introduction by Screenwriter David O’Dell
  • Deleted Scenes
  • The World of “The Dark Crystal”
  • Reflections of the Dark Crystal: “Light on the Path of Creation”
  • Reflections of the Dark Crystal: “Shard of Illusion”
Pre-Order Labyrinth on Blu-ray - Save 32%

Bonus Features Include:
  • “The Storytellers” – Picture-in-Picture Exclusive
  • Making of Documentary: Inside The Labyrinth
  • Commentary with Brian Froud
  • Journey through the Labyrinth: Kingdom of Characters
  • Journey through the Labyrinth: “The Quest for Goblin City”
Since many of us will be getting these long-awaited Blu-ray releases, we'd like to mention that if you order any of these DVD’s from the above links that a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on these DVDs with a low-price guarantee. Meaning, you can pre-order now and save 30% off the regular price (and if Amazon lowers the price even more you're guaranteed the lowest price by pre-ordering). We appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since these are the first Henson films getting the Blu-ray treatment, we added a poll to this thread to gauge the interest in these releases.

It should be very interesting to see the improvement that Blu-ray makes with these movies, especially the much older Dark Crystal.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, I think this is the first time we have had something before the US.

Paul and I will watch both this weekend and let you know what they are like. If you buy through Play.com you can get both for £22.00 which is such a bargain.

I have made it a point to buy all henson productions on Blu-ray, lets hope they bring out some more soon!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, let us know what you think of them. We're looking forward to hearing the details.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to Labyrinth on Blu-ray (especially since I just got myself an HD TV and Blu-ray player a couple weeks ago) but I might pass on The Dark Crystal... for now anyway (because, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of it >_>)

Laszlo

Reaction score
There is a nice DARK CRYSTAL review on BLU-RAY.COM !

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
we'd like to mention that if you order any of these DVD’s from the above links that a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly.

I dont know how you make money on this site, maybe your rich, I dont know these things work... but I definatly think you should be more proactive and less timid about raising funds through various means for your work here, which I believe as a fan to be invaluable.

I will be more than happy to order through your link.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Got the Blu-Ray, love it! Quality could be better but its still a lot better than the DVD. Extras are very good, however I still miss the complete workprint ;-)

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Still no workprint?

I don't know. I "might" pick this up. I have so many versions of this film, with very little new offered (yet we all know there is still some great stuff out there) I don't know if its worth it anymore.

Common. Where are the other deleted scenes and work prints? How many more formats and decades do we need to go through to get what the fans have wanted for a very long time. And at this point...I would sacrifice a random child to hear Frank Oz give a commentary on this film. His lack of involvement is really disappointing.

Kinda ridiculous.

xCrystalk99

Reaction score
I think Blu-Ray quality is good but almost too good. All these new televisions and things that are supposed to "improve" the quality of films are just making them all look b-rated. All these new product remove the edging which regular films have to make them look like, well, films. When you take away that edging, it makes the films look like they've been taken by a drunken college student.
:sympathy: