• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Dark Crystal and Labyrinth on Blu-ray

Will you be buying the Dark Crystal and/or Labyrinth on Blu-Ray?

• Yes, I can’t wait to see what the films look like in HD

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Yes, later when I get a Blu-ray player

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • No, the DVD’s I already have are good enough

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No, I’m not interested in these films

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thiefb0ss

Reaction score
Can't wait for the bonus features! Gonna pick this up sometime.:sing:

Dearth

Reaction score
I didn't have a Blu-Ray player when these first came out, so I didn't bother buying them back then. Now I have one, though, and the other day I found these in a bin at Wal-Mart for about $8 each. Watched them both, one last night and one today, and enjoyed the new features, but mainly savored the excellent picture quality.

On the Labyrinth Picture-in-Picture commentaries, it seemed like they chose two people specifically because they appear in lots of Harry Potter documentaries: Warwick Davis and Nick Dudman.

Alex

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
If I see these at wall mart I will have to pick them up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I still only have these on DVD, but based on some of your comments, it seems like they are worth picking up on BR as well. Aren't there a few different versions floating around now, years later? I noticed a Froud art edition with both movies packed together as well as a DC Steelbook from Germany. Is one version better when it comes to BR? I'd personally like the option with the most deleted scenes, etc.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I finally got around to picking up Dark Crystal on BR and its gorgeous. I noticed so much more detail in HD, they certainly cleaned up a number of scenes. I also enjoyed the Brian Froud commentary. Even simple things like the menu are so much better compared to the DVD - great purchase.