Daring to Dream

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, floppies, I knew them well. . . .

In a way, I can almost say the same thing for CD-ROMs: they were usually my primary source for backing things up to preserve my master files, but now I use USB flash drives and portable external hard-drives.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The graphic novel sounds fun! If you're worried about focus, maybe spend some time working up a full story arc or plot synopsis, so you know where your tale needs to go next?
Thanks, since I wrote that post, i've actually gotten pretty far in terms of plotting the story out, eliminating certain plot lines and characters, and making sure I have a clear message and arc. I wasn't originally going to do a sequel but I have so many ideas I want to use, if all goes well with this first story than I may do another one.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
well, i first have to accomplish my first goal, which to leave this small sad little town of mine, and leave my non supportive negative mom, my lazy fat dad, and my dumb sisters, who everybody that i know thinks that they are so great. everyone in this little lame town of mine, thinks that babies, bills, and a no where dead end job, is a way of life, they dump on the ones, who don't have an no where dead end job, well not to their faces, but behind their backs, and heaven forbid that you are practical with money, they will call you stingy. i not just want to leave my so called hometown, i want to leave out of my home state also. my dreams are, that i want to become a boutique owner, and be a host of a show,like a Martha Stuart type show, and maybe be in a few movies, and do a few commercials,and perhaps be in a Muppet movie :wink:.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
You're a painter?! I didn't know that! Do you happen do have a website where you have your paintings displayed or something? Because I would love to see them. By the way, painting is my favorite media of art!
Painting: excellent! Do you have a particular style you prefer? Do you combine several traditional styles (aka postmodernism, or post-postmodernism)?
I have a Facebook page. The only reason I made it was for a class in my college corse which is teaching us the more business side of art but I am planning on continuing with it after I'm done with my degree.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hear hear!
I assume you've already begun shopping your book to publishers?
Way back when the story was only a handful of random pages, no plot yet, just a flash of an idea, Christopher Cerf got a look at them and asked "Do you have a publisher yet?"
"No, it'll be a while before it's done".
"Look me up sometime".
And handed me his business card.

This is like having a Wonka Golden Ticket in my hands.

For those of you who don't recognize the name, Christopher Cerf was largely responsible for the merchandising of Sesame Street, created this pilot for a Sesame knockoff called "Between the Lions", and his father started a little fly-by-night backroom publishing racket called Random House.

A couple years ago when the book was finally taking shape, I trekked to Manhattan, just on a whim, to see if he was home to show him my work in progress. Walked 20 blocks to his house on East 62nd Street (Big purple front door. Can't miss it). Alas, he wasn't home. But at least I know the way.

The story has changed radically since its humble beginnings. I'll still follow up with the elusive Mr. Cerf, and if Random House isn't the best publisher for my book, he must know a friend or two.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
F
well, i first have to accomplish my first goal, which to leave this small sad little town of mine, and leave my non supportive negative mom, my lazy fat dad, and my dumb sisters, who everybody that i know thinks that they are so great. everyone in this little lame town of mine, thinks that babies, bills, and a no where dead end job, is a way of life, they dump on the ones, who don't have an no where dead end job, well not to their faces, but behind their backs, and heaven forbid that you are practical with money, they will call you stingy. i not just want to leave my so called hometown, i want to leave out of my home state also. my dreams are, that i want to become a boutique owner, and be a host of a show,like a Martha Stuart type show, and maybe be in a few movies, and do a few commercials,and perhaps be in a Muppet movie :wink:.
I'm not knocking your dream, but I'd advise finding a business partner for help setting up a boutique shop. Pick a city that already has an affluent community that could support your shop. (Offhand, I know Portland, OR, Asheville, NC, and Appleton, WI are good for niche market specialty stores.)

scooterfan360

Reaction score
F

I'm not knocking your dream, but I'd advise finding a business partner for help setting up a boutique shop. Pick a city that already has an affluent community that could support your shop. (Offhand, I know Portland, OR, Asheville, NC, and Appleton, WI are good for niche market specialty stores.)
I'm aware of needing a business partner:smile:, i learned that in my fashion business class. along with the other steps of running a boutique, and i know that you have to be very careful when selecting a business partner, because the person that you select may be crooked. BTW you are not knocking my dream, by telling me that, even if I'm aware of needing a business partner, i thank you for pointing that out:smile:.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Where to start:
Well, my biggest one is to work in an animal shelter or animal rescue organization in a clinical setting taking care of animals until they get adopted, but working in a boarding facility right now might be a stepping stone to that ultimate dream.

Travel to Ireland, I'm Irish on my mom's side. I've been watching videos on YouTube from a PBS series called "Rick Steves' Europe" and learning so much about different European countries including Ireland. It's such a beautiful country. And if I happen to try one of those Ancestry DNA tests, it'll be so cool if I find out I have relatives that live there.

Visit an animal sanctuary called Best Friends Animal Society in Utah. I admire everything that they do for animals especially after Hurricane Katrina and Michael Vick. Just visiting that place will be icing on the cake for me.