Custom figures and dioramas

jobi71

Reaction score
Not sure why there've been no Mupdates in three years time... But a question I have, is there any Palisades or DST Muppet figure that could be viably customized into a figure of Hilda the Wardrobe Lady? If not, that's okay, just curious. :shifty: :crazy: :zany:
I think Blue Frackle has the best option of Bunsen. On the plus side: eye glasses, both are live hand characters so the silhouette is similar, his lab coat could be repainted to match her frock somewhat. Minuses: his head shape is much rounder, his nose vs her lack of one and his baldness vs her hair. In the past I have seen some very impressive customs so if it was someone skilled I think they could tackle the hair and the repainting. Leaving just his big ol' honeydew shaped head. If one was OK with a close (ish) match then I think it could work.

2nd option but more complicated. Bunsen's head on the Newsman's body. Repaints of the outfit of course needed and the same custom work to the head but maybe it wouldn't look like a pale Bunsen in a wig if the body was not a lab coat?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Not that I'll ever make them, and I'm going off of my Palisades collection with additions from the DST line (though all I know of the line is the discrepancy in height making the DST line shorter than Palisades), but I have this fully expansive mental image of using as many characters as possible to fill up...

The Muppety World of :crazy: Potter.

And yes, I thought :confused: would be the natural choice for Hilda.

jobi71

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Not that I'll ever make them, and I'm going off of my Palisades collection with additions from the DST line (though all I know of the line is the discrepancy in height making the DST line shorter than Palisades), but I have this fully expansive mental image of using as many characters as possible to fill up...

The Muppety World of :crazy: Potter.

And yes, I thought :confused: would be the natural choice for Hilda.
Sounds like a fun project.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So as part of my nowhere man plans for Muppet figure ideas in my own head like Muppets Haunted Mansion and The Muppety World of :crazy: Potter, I was wondering what figures would work best to turn into Wayne and Wanda?

Wayne, Palisades S3 ; or S7 Johnny Fiama?
Wanda, Palisades Swinetrek Playset First Mate Piggy?

Also, due to my own curiosity on the matter, I did a bit of searching and read up on past projects made by one of our own forum and customizer founding fathers known as Quinn Rollins. The latest post on his blog is dated from 2013, so has anyone heard/contacted him lately?
Did he ever get the DST S3 Foo-Foo to add as Toto for his Muppets of Oz group based on the segment from The Muppets Go to the Movies?
Did anyone ever tell him that M.A.M.M.A. would be the obvious answer for R2-D2 for his Muppet Star Wars set?

Hope to hear from someone soon. :fanatic:

Random numbers

Reaction score
I just bought two DST Scooters that I would like to customize into characters not released by DST (although, I am still holding out hope they produce more). The two characters I would like the most are Lew Zealand and Lips. I think I can use Scooter to create a Lips. But, I am not sure Scooter is a good fit for Lew. Does anyone have any suggestions for a DST figure to use to create Lew? I'm thinking Gonzo might be a better size, but I am not sure the hands will work. Any suggestions for the second Scooter? I'm thinking Marvin Suggs. I appreciate any suggestions or advice you all have.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, given my own visual handicap...

Maybe use a DST S2 Animal for Lew? Either that or an S4 Dr. Teeth.

As for the second DST S1 Scooter, you've got plenty of options like either Wayne or Chip just to name a few.
Hope this helps.

Random numbers

Reaction score
Hmm, given my own visual handicap...

Maybe use a DST S2 Animal for Lew? Either that or an S4 Dr. Teeth.

As for the second DST S1 Scooter, you've got plenty of options like either Wayne or Chip just to name a few.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestions! I am waiting for my order of the EM figures to arrive and will need to check out the Dr. Teeth figure to see if I can turn one into Lew. Dr. Teeth is packaged with Zoot, which would be much easier to turn into Lips than Scooter. I'm still holding out hope that DST produces more figures and will hold off buying a second Dr. Teeth and Zoot pack for a bit.

For the 2 Scooters, I am now thinking Marvin Suggs and either Louis Kazagger or Bobby Benson. Those characters seem extremely unlikely to ever be produced and not too different from Scooter's shape. I like the suggestion of Wayne, but I don't have a good option for Wanda. For Marvin, I'm thinking of creating a mold and using soft resin to make individual ruffles for his sleeves. That way his arms will still have joints. Does anyone have experience doing something like this? I appreciate any advice you can share! Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually...

If using a DST S1 Scooter for Wayne, then a DST S3 Janice would be perfect for Wanda, no problem with their heights.
But if using a Palisades Toys S3 Scooter for Wayne, how much height difference would there be between him and using a DST S3 Janice for Wanda?

Random numbers

Reaction score
I finished customs of Bobby Benson, Nigel, Dolores, and Louis Kazagger. Overall, I am happy with these, especially considering they are my first real attempt at customizing. I appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What base figure did you use to create each of your customs? :confused: