Creepy Muppet/Henson music

P

Philip Kippel

Just wondering...

Are there any Muppet/Henson songs or instrumentals that ever scared you or creeped you out?

The "Sesame Street Closing Medley" (which played at the end of every Sesame Street episode in the 1980's) creeps me out.

In fact, it creeps me out so much that whenever it plays on Muppet Central Radio, I make a mad dash to click the 'mute' button in the player window.

Thank god they don't play it at the end of the series on PBS anymore!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
'There's a new sound'

I am so scared of worms it's not funny! The only worms I like are the one from Labyrinth and gummi worms. And quite possibly Slimey.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by HeraLirambar
'There's a new sound'

I am so scared of worms it's not funny! The only worms I like are the one from Labyrinth and gummi worms. And quite possibly Slimey.
Wow, I'm not the only one! You took the words right out of my mouth. I've seen "There's a New Sound" too (UK Spot, Cheryl Ladd episode, although it was clearly taped the previous season, and it looked like Jim was doing the puppeteering for Scooter). The worms are Muppets, of course, but they're Muppets designed to look like the real thing. Think Slimey, but with actual worm colors and I almost want to say teddy bear eyes. I have trouble watching it.

As far as creepy music, "Hugga Wugga" is high on the list for me.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
I havn't seen that scetch I must see it. What episode is it on? (The worm one that is.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Getting away from TV to Movies, the theme for the Ghost of Christmas Future is creepy. Brr...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My sister gets weirded out whenever she hears "Tick-Tock Sick".

I've never seen Muppet Christmas Carol, but, I'm sure there's quite a bit that'd creep me out in it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Super Scoot, watch it, it's a good film, that MCC is.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I havn't seen that scetch I must see it. What episode is it on? (The worm one that is.)
Told ya, UK Spot Cheryl Ladd episode. Never been broadcast or released on video in the U.S.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
As far as creepy music, "Hugga Wugga" is high on the list for me.
The ice-cream van doing the rounds in my area at the moment is playing "You Are My Sunshine". Every time I hear it - and the guy's there three times a day, every day of the year! - I get this urge to stick my head out of the window and do the 'Hugga Wugga' bits...or possibly to yell something else, 'cos I'm sick of the noise :smile:

BTW, David: I'd like to trade with you as discussed in the other thread - could you email me please? Thanks!