Crazy Harry speaking roles

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
How much did he actually speak beyond "Did somebody say _____"? And wasn't that more of John Lovelady thing?

Was this the most he ever spoke? I love how he says "numbah" lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t really think he had any actual speaking roles. I mean, he was pretty much a one-joke character to begin with.

cjd874

Reaction score
Crazy Harry is like the exclamation point of the Muppet characters...not used often, but when used it's for major emphasis.

Crazy Harry did speak in the Muppet Movie. In the Magic Store finale, he cackles and says, "Crazy Harry play with electricity!" before pulling some voltage levers to dangerous levels. A bit of character development perhaps, since on the Muppet Show he only ever caused explosions and not high-voltage shocks. Honestly (and oddly enough) he's one of my favorite Muppets. The original 70's puppet design was appealing to me, and Jerry Nelson really made the most of a one-note character. Plus the Series 2 Palisades action figure was one of the first I owned, so Harry holds a special place in my heart.

jobi71

Reaction score
He had a line "Let me blow" in the Bohemian Rhapsody video. He may have said it twice in a row? Certainly once. I don't remember if he had any in Sex and Violence.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
He had a line "Let me blow" in the Bohemian Rhapsody video. He may have said it twice in a row? Certainly once. I don't remember if he had any in Sex and Violence.
There was only one line in Sex and Violence, “This way Tonya.”

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
We were talking about this on Discord and it seems like his biggest presence in anything may be lost media: the Japanese Goro Noguchi special (a beta Muppet Show-type thing).

I don’t really think he had any actual speaking roles. I mean, he was pretty much a one-joke character to begin with.
Yeah, I guess it kinda surprised me how much we saw him speak backstage with Jean Stapleton... that has to be the most coherent string of sentences he's ever had in a row.

What a lovely character; kinda like Lew Zealand, in teetering the edge of known/obscure. I would've loved to have seen Jerry have the chance to do a little more with him.

Honestly (and oddly enough) he's one of my favorite Muppets. The original 70's puppet design was appealing to me, and Jerry Nelson really made the most of a one-note character. Plus the Series 2 Palisades action figure was one of the first I owned, so Harry holds a special place in my heart.
I agree with this sentiment 100%; Jerry did some of my favorite characters in Floyd, Lew and Harry.

There was only one line in Sex and Violence, “This way Tonya.”
Yeah, I watched this yesterday and it's actually Richard Hunt performing him in Scooter's voice.

He also laughs at the beginning when he blows up the "Sex & Violence" sign and sticks his head out of the ceiling (doesn't sound like Richard Hunt at all in either of those instances... probably Lovelady).

All this conversation for a one-note character... I love it!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
In the very first Muppets Tonight episode Harry and Lew are seen talking behind Kermit right at the beginning... I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation... explosive fish.