COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well in the end everyone’s reactions are different. Guess I just had some rotten luck with my reactions, at least the second one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everybody who's ever gotten either of the two-dose vaccines such as Pfizer or Moderna have said it was the second shot that really knocked them on their ***** . . . one of the reasons we opted for that one-dose J&J vaccine, which also, at the time, was proven to be more effective against then-new strains/mutations/variants of the virus like Delta.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the truth is no vaccine is fully effective from the virus in the end. It just won’t be as intense for you if you are vaccinated.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Around here, one of the biggest hospitals is University Hospital in Newark. There is a staff of a thousand doctors, almost as many nurses, plus several hundred practitioners, technical staff, etc. several thousand medical people under one roof.
since August, they’ve been pushing vaccine mandates. Over the past few months, several hundred have refused to get vaxxed.

So… if doctors and nurses (those people who follow the science) are refusing to get vaxxed, do they know something people don’t?

If their options are get vaxxed or lose their job, and they’re choosing to lose their job, what could they possibly know that discourages them from getting vaxxed?

These are not the orderlies or the janitors. These are the doctors.

MWoO

Reaction score
Around here, one of the biggest hospitals is University Hospital in Newark. There is a staff of a thousand doctors, almost as many nurses, plus several hundred practitioners, technical staff, etc. several thousand medical people under one roof.
since August, they’ve been pushing vaccine mandates. Over the past few months, several hundred have refused to get vaxxed.

So… if doctors and nurses (those people who follow the science) are refusing to get vaxxed, do they know something people don’t?

If their options are get vaxxed or lose their job, and they’re choosing to lose their job, what could they possibly know that discourages them from getting vaxxed?

These are not the orderlies or the janitors. These are the doctors.
There is a real risk of heart inflammation with the two vaccines that use mRNA resequencing. Those doctors are likely weighing the risk of heart inflammation vs. the risk of having severe complications from COVID. Since the mortality rate of COVID is actually around 1.3% in the US, with a majority of those deaths being caused by secondary conditions and this includes the start of the pandemic when no one knew what to do for treatment. They likely decided for themselves that the risk outweighs the reward.

Also, since the vaccine has not been proven to stop the spread of the disease (the reason people who are vaccinated were told to wear masks again) getting vaccinated does nothing to help those around you. If anything, it can mask the symptoms of the infected and cause you to unknowingly spread the disease. The vaccines have also been shown to be ineffective against Omicron, which is probably a good thing as we should WANT a weakened and more contagious variant to be the dominant strain.

Does this mean all vaccines are unsafe? No. It does mean that there are issues with this particular one and the risk one takes is a personal choice. Remember when every liberal was saying they wouldn't take a vaccine that was developed while Trump was in office? Well, guess what... This vaccine was developed when he was in office and the drug companies have zero liability for injuries they may cause. It was rushed into development and there has simply not been time for long term studies. Considering the vast range of side effects people have experienced, the risk vs. reward needs to be a personal choice and not one made by the government.

If someone is at high risk of having complications from COVID, they should probably consider being vaccinated as soon as possible. If someone has little risk of complications due to COVID, they should be allowed to make their own decision without others labeling them as anti-vaxxers and right wing nuts.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s exactly where I fit in. Being in my fifties, being diabetic, I got the vaccine back in April on my doctor’s recommendation.
Ten days ago I tested positive and for a few days had some flu- like effects. I threw up twice, lost my appetite for a couple days, and felt pretty beat down. Thankfully that’s as severe as it got.
If a new variant was to come along, all I can do is protect myself the best I can , and let it run its course.
But I will never give in to panic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, Grey DeLisle-Griffin and her family have COVID now, despite their vaccines, mask-wearing, and taking other precautions to stay as safe and healthy as possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I'm not going to deny that this is pretty much what it feels like this pandemic has become, however, the ones who are to blame for this are the exact people who are making memes like this.