Could Disney be selling The Muppets?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I was SarahHIYE back then. The hotmail account with that name is, alas, no more.

I can't link because of my lack of posts :frown: But it's there. Search 2007 Presentation Pilot, I believe!!!

As to WoO, what can I say? It didn't do anything more me. Too much Ashanti. I saw the premier at Tribeca with a couple of my Muppet friends and we all walked out of there like "...yeah..." Of course I own it on DVD as well, and have really tried hard to like it, I just can't. But my 7 year old sister does, so at least it was good for one person!
I completely agree, I try to watch MWoO on DVD, but I just am like "meh..." about it, and just stop it. Ashanti doesn't mix well with the muppets, she acts like a babysitter rather than Dorothy.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Er, um, well, while I do agree there's too much Ashanti (really, it's called The MUPPETS Wizard of Oz), I did enjoy the movie. "The Witch is in the House" and the flying monkey scenes made me want to work for the Muppets again.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Question: Should we start a new thread about this? Or keep it here? What do you think oh wise moderator of the south?
Great idea.Yes, we have another topic.Lets use your rumour thread.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim said:
I'm not sure of the details of this go round with Disney, but my understanding of the deal Jim was working on was for them to "own" the rights for 10 years, then they would option again at that time, or everything would go back to Henson. Maybe this is the case again?
Do you remember where you heard this piece of information at?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
or more important...who posted it on the Muppet Wiki???!!!
I was referring to what Tim said about Disney only getting the Muppets for 10 years, with an option to buy the rights again.