Could Between the Lions ever come back?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I don’t know. BTL already had a song about “at” words, and I’m pretty sure the Brown/Crafts sketch is owned by Sesame Street.

It’d be like if say, Sally Cruikshank made a short for BTL. If it happened, none of the characters from her SST sketches could be used (even though I’m pretty sure none of them had names anyway).

crackmaster

Reaction score
I don’t know. BTL already had a song about “at” words, and I’m pretty sure the Brown/Crafts sketch is owned by Sesame Street.

It’d be like if say, Sally Cruikshank made a short for BTL. If it happened, none of the characters from her SST sketches could be used (even though I’m pretty sure none of them had names anyway).
I'm pretty sure the characters are owned by Brown/Crafts. Noodles and Nedd were used in a short by John R. Dilworth after the characters appeared on Sesame Street.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Oh, I thought if an even better example of that. Craig Bartlett made a sketch for SST featuring a clay version of Arnold from Hey Arnold long before the show actually premiered.
Somehow, Viacom probably just ignored the sketch.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I didn’t know where to put this, so I put it here.
I found a rare BTL season 9 episode on archive.org!
If you’re unaware, most of Seasons 1-7 are easy to find online (except episodes 78, 79, 80, 88, and 93). Seasons 8-10 are not as easy to find. Dare I say it, they’re mostly lost media.
But, as luck would have it, I rediscovered the season 9 premiere episode on archive.org earlier. This was also Noel's first episode as Lionel.

Here’s the link:
https://archive.org/details/WJLA_20090921_100000_Good_Morning_Washington_600
It’s cut up into bits that are approximately a minute long, but it’s something.

Edit: I just remembered that I also found this on YouTube.
It’s the second half of the show’s penultimate episode (it’s also the first half of a season 8 episode, the second half is a repeat of a season 6 episode that’s also on YT, technically making that episode found). Unfortunately, the first half remains missing.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The other day, I just briefly mentioned Between The Lions in passing while talking to my mom and she said,

"If they ever bring that show back, I don't care how old I am. I'd totally watch it!".

That right there shows how even some adults can't help but love BTL lol.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I just had a weird dream about the show last night. Don’t quite remember what happened, though.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I just found something really cool today. This is related to my post about the show’s “lost” episodes.

Apparently, a library in Worthington Park, not too far from my house, has copies of BTL DVDs that, when combined, contain most seasons 7 and 8 episodes (including the ones I said were lost). And they were all in stock too! The only lost episode from either season is the season 8 finale. But still, this helps. Once I get my hands on them, all we’ll be missing are episodes 78, 79, 80, 88, 110, and most season 9-10 episodes (minus the one I found on archive.org).

The only problem is that I don’t have a card for that library, and even if I create one to reserve them (which I don’t even think I can do online), my mom will probably not know and probably won’t pick them up. If she does know, she’ll be confused, interrogate me, and I’ll probably get grounded.

Still, great to know these rare episodes aren’t actually that far away. If only I knew how to get my hands on them.

Edit: Apparently, said library is going to reopen tomorrow, and I actually can get a card online. This will be even easier than I thought. Now I just gotta get my mom on board.

Edit 2: I also know there are quite a few season 2-4 episodes not on YT. These can still be accessed on the Internet, but I’ve already said too much by saying that.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I would love seeing a comeback! I could relive the memories I haven't seen in ages!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Since this thread is becoming less about a potential return and more about BTL in general, I felt this would be the place to share this… thing I made up.
About an hour ago, I was riding my bike around my neighborhood as I do, when I found myself oddly drawn toward a lake near someone’s lawn. I thought of it as a “lovely lakeside lawn”, and noticed the alliteration isn’t unsimilar to something from BTL, which gave me an idea to use it as the basis for this Robot Chicken-esque parody of the show’s “Fun With Chicken Jane” Segments featuring the Letter L. Without further ado, here’s it is:

Narrator: And now, Fun with Chicken Jane. Today, Chicken Jane and the Landslide.
Singer: Look Look, See See, coming down the lane. Here comes Scot, here comes Dot, here comes Chicken Jane.
Dot: Look, Scot, look. See the lovely lakeside lawn.
Scot: Yes, Dot, Yes. The lakeside lawn is lovely.
(The ground begins to crumble, and Chicken Jane begins bawking frantically.)
Scot: Look, Dot, look. The lovely lakeside lawn has come loose.
Dot: Yes, Scot, Yes. We are in a landslide.
(Chicken Jane panics)
Scot: Look, Dot, look. See Chicken Jane write the letters L-E-A-V-E. Leave.
Dot: Leave, Scot, Leave!
(The kids jump off the falling land, but Chicken Jane doesn’t and drowns. The kids then float by in an inflatable raft.)
Scot: Look, Dot, look. Chicken Jane has lost her life in the lake.
Dot: Yes, Scot, Yes. We didn’t lose our lives in the lake. We luckily landed in this lifeboat lying around.
Both: Thank you Chicken Jane!
Singer: Look look, see see, paddling around. There goes Scot, there goes Dot, Chicken Jane has drowned.