Could Between the Lions ever come back?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi,

First time speaking in this particular thread today after lurking a while. Sorry to take away from the previous discussion, but I was wondering if anyone had talked at all about the music on/from BTL yet. As long as I've followed, I don't remember that it had ever been brought up (*but I could be wrong, will have to go back and check...). Basically, as another fan, I just wanted to point out that like the show itself, it doesn't seem to be talked much about in the mainstream nowadays, at least the way I see it. IMO, many of those songs, especially those in the earlier seasons are very, very underrated.

Now, the music alone should be a reason to bring back the series, but that's just me. I'm a bit surprised that an album of "Greatest Hits" was never made, either...and "Lions" is full of gems! I always get that intense nostalgic feeling when I occasionally revisit them - the theme itself, though quite short, was infectious (*probably my favorite out of all) - there were other good ones by the characters like, "W Trouble", "It's Over Now", "The Mighty Star Lion", etc. , the band Fonix had music videos for "The 'ar' song", "Double 'e' ", and more, and then of course, most if not all of the individual segments (*if you count them,) had their own themes. This probably never came to be, though, as the series is still somewhat unknown here in the US (*and following that, the world -- definitely nowhere near the extent of "Sesame"),...but I sincerely would like to have seen it done, nonetheless. That said, I'm also in shock to an extent because BTL first aired almost 20 years ago (*I feel so old), I'd like to think that if not a comeback, then a "Lions" album of some sorts is warranted, however, wishful thinking...

What does everyone else say?
BTL did air 20 years ago.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as the puppets go, unfortunately they weren’t meant to last forever. They weren’t meant to be museum pieces. Fleece, foam rubber, materials like that do decay over time.
Plastic takes a little longer.
Even Jim didn’t take good care of them. Once Ernie was on the floor, and he got kicked out of the way. At the end of the day they got stuffed into a filing cabinet.
It’s too bad puppets wear out just like you wear out shoes. After a year, your shoes that were once nice and clean get beat up and worn out, you throw them out and get a new pair.
They serve their purpose for a time. But it’s not the puppet itself that’s special. It’s the talent of Peter Linz, Noel MacNeal, Kathy Mullen that’s special. That’s where the treasure is. Otherwise the puppet is a clump of fleece.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
the show only ended in late 2010 so I can see these puppets still being in good shape depending on what they were made out of

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Actually my public library has a giant Theo lying on top of a shelf in the children’s section. Not a puppet, but a big stuffed doll. Down to the last detail, he has glasses, and part of his mane braided into cornrows.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid a store near me sold small beanies of the characters, really wish I got them while they were there

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid a store near me sold small beanies of the characters, really wish I got them while they were there
I was fortunate to get a Lionel beanie. That was a huge craze with beanies in the late 90s. People went nuts over them, their value skyrocketed, but then the market dropped out. These things that once were supposed to finance your college education, now you can’t even give them away.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I am just old enough to remember the Beanie Babies phenomenon.

These things that once were supposed to finance your college education, now you can’t even give them away.
It's truly amazing actually.

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Definitely remember "Puzzle Place" (*by name at least) - I had no idea for a while he was on it -- maybe time to go revisit it...