Confessing Fears

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Every child who's read the Dr. Seuss book, There's a Wocket in My Pocket will agree with me that this monster is absolutely terrifying:the Vug under the rug. It's scary because it's never shown and Seuss leaves the creature's appearance to your imagination. Leading some children (such as myself) to imagine the Vug as the most horrifying creature in Dr. Seuss history. I always thought of him to look like a giant green monkey with bat wings and huge bulging eyes for some reason (I was somewhat of a creative kid). I think the Vug may have rented my dresser as an apartment when I was 3 years old, just kidding;but I did have a "monster" in my dresser back then like many toddlers probably also did.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A bit of unrelated side topic, but I had some weird nightmares throughout my life as well. They sound a bit silly (some of them even comedic) looking back on them. They were:
-I was looking for my juice cup and found a huge pink bunny with bulging eyes under my bed. I still don't know what she (it was probably a girl because of the pinkness) was doing in my dream and how my subconscious came up with her:but I know one thing:I was absolutely terrified of her. Something about her huge bulging anime eyes, blank stare, and the fact that she didn't say anything in my dream made me absolutely terrified of this rabbit.
-My pet fish grew huge piranha like teeth, came onto land, and kidnapped my friend and I
-My blankets and pillows attack me
-I was being chased by a giant monster and the Scooby-Doo gang saved me
-A similar dream where a monster was chasing me but only this time I was saved by Mario and Luigi, Superman, and Harriet Tubman for some reason. Probably because of how I had a tendency to put off my history homework until the last minute and historical figures would often appear in my dreams because they were the last thing I thought about before going to bed.
-The Racnar from EverQuest killed my dog, attacked me and my friend, and destroyed our car by making "adult motions" towards it (what the robot does to the washing machine on Robot Chicken. Yes, THAT!? I was sick with the flu when I had that dream, I believe I've even mentioned it on other threads because now I find it hilarious)
-I caught a manticore in a Pokeball and it got loose in my house. It wasn't trying to attack us but the manticore went around destroying everything in the house.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A bit of unrelated side topic, but I had some weird nightmares throughout my life as well. They sound a bit silly (some of them even comedic) looking back on them. They were:
-I was looking for my juice cup and found a huge pink bunny with bulging eyes under my bed. I still don't know what she (it was probably a girl because of the pinkness) was doing in my dream and how my subconscious came up with her:but I know one thing:I was absolutely terrified of her. Something about her huge bulging anime eyes, blank stare, and the fact that she didn't say anything in my dream made me absolutely terrified of this rabbit.
-My pet fish grew huge piranha like teeth, came onto land, and kidnapped my friend and I
-My blankets and pillows attack me
-I was being chased by a giant monster and the Scooby-Doo gang saved me
-A similar dream where a monster was chasing me but only this time I was saved by Mario and Luigi, Superman, and Harriet Tubman for some reason. Probably because of how I had a tendency to put off my history homework until the last minute and historical figures would often appear in my dreams because they were the last thing I thought about before going to bed.
-The Racnar from EverQuest killed my dog, attacked me and my friend, and destroyed our car by making "adult motions" towards it (what the robot does to the washing machine on Robot Chicken. Yes, THAT!? I was sick with the flu when I had that dream, I believe I've even mentioned it on other threads because now I find it hilarious)
-I caught a manticore in a Pokeball and it got loose in my house. It wasn't trying to attack us but the manticore went around destroying everything in the house.
OMG! I was watching an 107 Facts About Robot Chicken video and they described a deleted skit that is startlingly similar to my freaky rabbit dream. They said that they were writing a skit about a giant bunny who lives in a little boy's closet and comes out at night to torture the poor kid. The skit was never fully made because it was deemed too offensive (possibly due to school shootings and other things going on in the world;joking about children getting tortured may be touchy subject matter). But anyway, I was SO shocked that somebody else thought of that idea. Maybe that Robot Chicken writer and I had the same nightmare when we were kids. I hear that even though it's an extremely rare occurrence, it's physically possible for two people to have the same dream.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I was scared of lots of stuff as a kid. Here's some stuff I was scared of that I can remember:

- From The Brave Little Toaster, the junkyard scene (specifically the car crusher, with those huge, chomping "teeth") and the evil nightmare clown. Looking back, those scenes are even more disturbing now than they were back then.

- The opera singing puppet boy in the pink house from Teletubbies. Go ahead, make fun of me all you want. But I'm telling you, once you've actually seen that segment, you'll probably see why I thought it was so scary when I was a toddler. (Plus, if DrTooth were still around, he would probably agree with me that the puppetry was kinda lousy. :laugh:)

- The old beggar woman from the intro of Beauty and the Beast. I know, I'm an awful and selfish person, turn me into a beast…

- This little flying robot guy from the HBO show Crashbox. If you watched that show, you MIGHT know who I'm talking about. Sometimes in between games, he would fly up to the screen and say "Hey there! Next game coming up!" Now I think he's kinda cute and I think it's funny that he freaked me out.

- The blue "you're not perfect" thing on Courage the Cowardly Dog kinda freaked me out. I thought he/she/whatever-it-was looked like a horribly deformed version of Squidward.

- Speaking of Courage, I think "return the slab" might have scared me, but I remembered it being much scarier. I somehow remembered it as a whole crowd of creepy zombie-looking people all standing in a field, saying in creepy, monotonous voices, "return the slab". Maybe I'm getting this one mixed up with something else I saw as a kid?

- The Klasky-Csupo Splaat logo. This one scared me to death. I always had to close my eyes at the end of Rugrats or any other K-C shows. It still freaks me out to this day. Heck, even Omega Flowey from Undertale isn't as scary as THAT thing!

- Speaking of logos, the "Disney DVD" opening logo. I have no idea why I was scared of this one, when there's really nothing that scary about it, except for maybe the fact that it's kinda loud.

- Yet another logo I was scared of was the THX logo. It always made me plug my ears, because I HATED the sound. I was (and I still am) sensitive to loud noises as a kid.

- The part in Shrek where Shrek roars. This scene gave me nightmares and I wouldn't watch Shrek for years because of it. Yet I was totally fine with watching Shrek 2.

If I remember more things that scared me, I'll post them later.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Seeing old home movies of myself when I was a baby. Not kidding about that one either.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I thought of the worst and funniest scary story ever:All of the characters, celebrities, and other real people/animals that I've used in my videos start an angry mob outside out of my house. I should write a fanfiction of that (if anything for the super huge crossover aspect of it;it may be the biggest crossover since The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I thought of the worst and funniest scary story ever:All of the characters, celebrities, and other real people/animals that I've used in my videos start an angry mob outside out of my house. I should write a fanfiction of that (if anything for the super huge crossover aspect of it;it may be the biggest crossover since The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny).
No offense, but that kinda sounds like a Pooh's Adventures video to me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was scared of lots of stuff as a kid. Here's some stuff I was scared of that I can remember:

- From The Brave Little Toaster, the junkyard scene (specifically the car crusher, with those huge, chomping "teeth") and the evil nightmare clown. Looking back, those scenes are even more disturbing now than they were back then.

- The opera singing puppet boy in the pink house from Teletubbies. Go ahead, make fun of me all you want. But I'm telling you, once you've actually seen that segment, you'll probably see why I thought it was so scary when I was a toddler. (Plus, if DrTooth were still around, he would probably agree with me that the puppetry was kinda lousy. :laugh:)

- The old beggar woman from the intro of Beauty and the Beast. I know, I'm an awful and selfish person, turn me into a beast…

- This little flying robot guy from the HBO show Crashbox. If you watched that show, you MIGHT know who I'm talking about. Sometimes in between games, he would fly up to the screen and say "Hey there! Next game coming up!" Now I think he's kinda cute and I think it's funny that he freaked me out.

- The blue "you're not perfect" thing on Courage the Cowardly Dog kinda freaked me out. I thought he/she/whatever-it-was looked like a horribly deformed version of Squidward.

- Speaking of Courage, I think "return the slab" might have scared me, but I remembered it being much scarier. I somehow remembered it as a whole crowd of creepy zombie-looking people all standing in a field, saying in creepy, monotonous voices, "return the slab". Maybe I'm getting this one mixed up with something else I saw as a kid?

- The Klasky-Csupo Splaat logo. This one scared me to death. I always had to close my eyes at the end of Rugrats or any other K-C shows. It still freaks me out to this day. Heck, even Omega Flowey from Undertale isn't as scary as THAT thing!

- Speaking of logos, the "Disney DVD" opening logo. I have no idea why I was scared of this one, when there's really nothing that scary about it, except for maybe the fact that it's kinda loud.

- Yet another logo I was scared of was the THX logo. It always made me plug my ears, because I HATED the sound. I was (and I still am) sensitive to loud noises as a kid.

- The part in Shrek where Shrek roars. This scene gave me nightmares and I wouldn't watch Shrek for years because of it. Yet I was totally fine with watching Shrek 2.

If I remember more things that scared me, I'll post them later.
That Teletubby thing was pretty creepy but even that's nothing compared to The Lion and The Bear. Every time I so much as hear,
"I'm the bear,
I'm the bear,
With brown fuzzy hair,"
I get goosebumps and my heart races a mile a minute as if I'd seen a ghost. This is by far the creepiest thing to ever air on children's television. The bear looks like ******* Freddy Fazbear for crying out loud. Even though this is from freaking Teletubbies of all things, I feel like I have to put a content warning so I don't end up disturbing younger children who may come across my post here:
WARNING! Features scary, disturbing, creepy and otherwise cringeworthy content.
That could easily have been aired on [adult swim]. Honestly, when I first saw this on YouTube (thank goodness I never saw it as a kid), I thought this was somebody's childhood ruining parody a la Robot Chicken. It looks and feels almost identical to those "Ha ha, we turned your childhood show into horror" type things you can often find on YouTube, Deviantart, Twitter, etc.