Confessing Fears

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
We have a confessing crushes thread, so we don't we have a thread for admitting silly non-Henson things that scared us when we were kids or even now. I'm sure we ALL had at least one silly thing that freaked us out when were little. Ever been scared of a cartoon, a puppet, a video game character, a whole TV show. Post here! Let me go first:

-The Groke from the Finnish kid show, Moomins scares me to this day. Her voice sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it.

Things that scared me when I was a kid:

-Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
-The Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
-The Spooky episode of Lilo and Stitch:The Series.
-Pink Elephants on Parade from Dumbo.
-The Treehouse of Horror episode where Bart and Lisa get transported to the Itchy and Scratchy universe.
-The Treehouse of Horror where Homer sells his soul for a doughnut.
-Ridley and Meta Ridley from Metroid.
-Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.
-Woody's nightmare sequence from Toy Story 2.
-The infamous Moar Krabs face from Spongebob.
-Legends of the Hidden Temple.

That's all of mine.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
We have a confessing crushes thread, so we don't we have a thread for admitting silly non-Henson things that scared us when we were kids or even now. I'm sure we ALL had at least one silly thing that freaked us out when were little. Ever been scared of a cartoon, a puppet, a video game character, a whole TV show. Post here! Let me go first:

-The Groke from the Finnish kid show, Moomins scares me to this day. Her voice sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it.

Things that scared me when I was a kid:

-The Treehouse of Horror episode where Bart and Lisa get transported to the Itchy and Scratchy universe.

That's all of mine.
Why were you scared of all of those things?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That creepy snake thing from Beetlejuice has always given me the willies. I used to have nightmares about it. Heck, it even made me afraid of the dark when I was about nine.

And you think this picture is creepy? Well it's waaay worse when you actually see it move.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I've learned from WORLD'S DUMBEST... is to never share your fears with your friends, because you never know when one day your friends will double-cross you and set you up for a scare - if your friends ever get to discussing fears, it's best to just change the subject to boobs or something.

Or so I heard.

Harleena

Reaction score
When I was little, I was terrified of things like bad guys in Pokemon (not Team Rocket, but the villains who were less comic relief, like Pokemon hunters or poachers and stuff). And also Bowser. I saw this:

When all that was actually there was this:

The scary Bowser was drawn by JoshSummana and the cute Bowser was drawn by kyupi, BTW.

Luke kun

Reaction score

That's all of mine.
The scene where they cut off Luke's hand freaked me the heck out the first time, and when Palpatine starts using the lightning on Luke... that was freaky too. I don't blame ya.
The Woody dream was also scary, pretty much Akira.
ToH... is that the one with James Coco?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remembered something earlier today. There was a Christian song on the old version of the computer encyclopedia, Encarta that used to scare me so bad every time I heard it when I was little. I don't remember the name at all, but hearing the brief sound of it in my head makes me shiver a little. Now I feel bad for finding it scary because it was a Christian song and that really isn't a good thing to find gospel scary but I was a kid so, you know. Speaking of Encarta Christian things, I also remember being terrified of a sound clip on Encarta of a preacher with a very deep almost Cookie Monster-like voice yelling loud words at the top of his lungs about the dangers of Satan. Makes sense why I'd be scared of that, huh?