Coming Soon: "The Jim Henson Collection" DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
While the fact that this is a compilation DVD sounds a bit disappointing, it's got a Hoobs on it. I can't remember if they released any of that in the US yet. Were they supposed to at one point?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've never heard of CONSTRUCTION SITE... why does it look like BOB THE BUILDER?

But that may explain the low price... usually, they release "The Person J. Somebody Collection", it's a movie compilation, so I was expecting something like various different movies that Jim had under his belt.. but, yeah.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
This is a typical kids DVD - A company owns some old kids shows, puts an episode from each on a single disc, puts said disc into a cheap DVD case, and sells it at Wal-Mart for $10. A lot of companies do this.

I might get this new Jim Henson Collection if I happen to see it at Wal-Mart, and I've got a spare $10. (I should note that I don't own any other DVDs with these shows on) Anyone else getting it?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
If I'm correct, this will be the US debut of Construction Site but yeah, it seems like nothing new to DVD here besides that.

I love how that even though it's called a Jim Henson Collection most of it is stuff from after Henson's lifetime.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know this is meant to be a cheap family-market release but wouldn't it be great if it had some of the company's unsold pilots and pitches, like Wizard of Id (not sure if they'd need character clearances) or Starboppers?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well this release i might get just because of the animal show fraggle rock and the hoobs... thats about it lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'd personally like to see The Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess the complete season 1. Even the complete The Jim Henson Hour on DVD. I would like Disney and Henson to get together so it can be released.
I know this is meant to be a cheap family-market release but wouldn't it be great if it had some of the company's unsold pilots and pitches, like Wizard of Id (not sure if they'd need character clearances) or Starboppers?
Yeah totally, even Sam & Friends and the early Muppet commercials as an online exclusive or something like that.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This is a typical kids DVD - A company owns some old kids shows, puts an episode from each on a single disc, puts said disc into a cheap DVD case, and sells it at Wal-Mart for $10. A lot of companies do this.

I might get this new Jim Henson Collection if I happen to see it at Wal-Mart, and I've got a spare $10. (I should note that I don't own any other DVDs with these shows on) Anyone else getting it?
I'll just stick to complete box sets and season box sets personally. Man, those dvd covers gives me the creeps. lol