Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I've never been more excited for a sesame street season the way I am now! Season 45 looks very promising, especially considering they appear to be focusing more on other characters just besides Elmo and Abby. I'm looking forward to the Best Friends day episode, since it'll seem like a good Zoe and Elmo story! And of course Big Bird and Snuffy are in it! And did anyone notice that PRAIRIE FREAKIN' DAWN will be in a segment!! And ERNIE AND BERT!! Appearing in STREET STORIES...with an "S"! Sorry for the caps, I'm just so excited. And who knows what other surprise stuff SW has in store that wasn't released. Also, Ryan Dillon...bravo my man! Keep up the good work, I especially loved the rendition of "Let's Go Driving" with Taye Diggs. Overall, Season 45 looks really good!

SSLFan

Reaction score
On another note, does anyone know why Steve Whitmire isn't featured in the puppeteer bios? I know he's not a 'regular' as much but he does play a principal character with Ernie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The good news: lots of cool stuff, TWO street stories with Ernie, lots of new Crumby Picutres, NO REPEAT STORIES
No Repeats?! Excellent!

Throwing two episodes that late in the year to tie into movies is a bit much, though. I'm sure PBS has a hand in it, but whatever. This does seem like a very strong season, but it feels like they're glossing over the fact that it's an anniversary season. I don't see why 35 is celebrated but 45 isn't.

cahuenga

Reaction score

Now I can say I dont like Murray, but neither Mazzarino, he is continually screaming and talking over Jacobson and Rudman. For me he is very unfunny and I hate that voice with passion. Please give a chance to other characters!!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now I can say I don't like Murray, but neither Mazzarino, he is continually screaming and talking over Jacobson and Rudman. For me he is very unfunny and I hate that voice with passion. Please give a chance to other characters!!
Seriously? You can hate a character all you want, but you can't hate a person. How would you feel if you found out Joey was reading this? He can't help it if he's so hyperactive. Personally, I think Joey's hilarious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, like Oscarfan, I don't see why you find it so important that Ernie and Abby interact with each other. I know you once said that Ernie is the only regular Muppet that Abby hasn't interacted with yet, and that's true, but I don't understand what the big deal with that is and why you consider it a huge issue.
While I agree that it's strange that someone really wants to see that happen, I have to admit, it's strange that two major (especially in terms of merchandising) characters like that never really appeared together. They put Ernie and Elmo together for a period of time, and they really don't go (like they're going to have Ernie annoy Elmo? That's Zoe's job). They put Elmo and Abby together, like a forced pairing, and they barely have any interesting tension between them. So, now I'm even thinking... why not put the characters together in a skit?

Though, what really would be something... and Ernie, Bert, and Abby segment.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
While I agree that it's strange that someone really wants to see that happen, I have to admit, it's strange that two major (especially in terms of merchandising) characters like that never really appeared together. They put Ernie and Elmo together for a period of time, and they really don't go (like they're going to have Ernie annoy Elmo? That's Zoe's job). They put Elmo and Abby together, like a forced pairing, and they barely have any interesting tension between them. So, now I'm even thinking... why not put the characters together in a skit?

Though, what really would be something... and Ernie, Bert, and Abby segment.
I do see what you're saying. Now, I'm not really desperate to see this happen, but I can't help but wondering to myself how an Abby and Prairie Dawn pairing would work out.

On another note, regarding what you said about the fact that they're glossing over Season 45 being an anniversary season, I agree. The only thing they have for people of all ages so far is an exhibit at the Brooklyn Public Library, that I'm pretty sure a lot of us can't afford to attend right now. Sesame Workshop better have some special things planned for the big 50 in 2019...

cahuenga

Reaction score
Seriously? You can hate a character all you want, but you can't hate a person. How would you feel if you found out Joey was reading this? He can't help it if he's so hyperactive. Personally, I think Joey's hilarious.
Excuse me, I was referring to the character Murray, and the behavior Joey was having with his colleagues, not Joey personally, in fact I love Stinky, a Joey´s character, but I dont like Murray and I think Joey`s attitude in the panel wasn´t correct with Jacobson and Rudman by interrupting them all the time, talking over them...and its my opinion.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Excuse me, I was referring to the character Murray, and the behavior Joey was having with his colleagues, not Joey personally, in fact I love Stinky, a Joey´s character, but I dont like Murray and I think Joey`s attitude in the panel wasn´t correct with Jacobson and Rudman by interrupting them all the time, talking over them...and its my opinion.
Eric and David don't seem to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.