Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tpugh Pigs has some more details.

Normally, I'd call a Comic Con episode a case of "We're still relevant!", as certain other shows did poor attempts at trying to get geek humor (Nothing beats the Freakazoid episode where he had to sit in a panel and told the audience to "Go ask Paul Dini"), but this one looks absolutely adorable, and too fun to resist. Also of note, the Comic Con presentation will show this episode as well as Star Smores.

Trivia note: The first Comic Con episode of anything was Fat Albert. Written by, of course, Paul Dini.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm debating whether or not I find "Fiverine" a good parody name.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What... Would you prefer he be called Eleverine? Seventine?

BTW: Posted a thread about this in the SST Appearances section for anyone who might be going to SDCCI to post in with comments on the panel/presentation.

DTF

Reaction score
One of the street stories is being screened at Comic Con later this month - "Numeric Con."
Am I the only one whose mind instantly thought they should have a parody with the Count singing, "Oh, I'm proud to be at Numeric Con, where we all count one, two, three. And the numbers they can go up so high, up to infinity...."

I doubt they've ever parodied a patriotic song, but that name just made me think of it. And, who knows, maybe they have.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Haven't watched the full thing, but a panel with the Muppets at ComicCon from today. A short sizzle reel for the season appears at 2:13:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that video! I look forward to seeing the press kit within the next few weeks or so (more details about Season 45)- not to mention a hopefully slightly longer version of the reel!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not going to lie. So NOT looking forward to "That's what makes U Useful." But that's the one not that good thing in a field of good things. Especially the amazing, surprise Crumby Pictures.

I just wonder why they left Star Smores out of the sizzle reel.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not going to lie. So NOT looking forward to "That's what makes U Useful." But that's the one not that good thing in a field of good things. Especially the amazing, surprise Crumby Pictures.
I don't love the original song (or the band), but I do like catchy songs and that fits the bill.

I just hope that "blue-ish" background effect they put in isn't in the final version; it looks terrible.

Also, something I don't understand: some of those Word of the Day clips (Seth Meyers, Aziz Anzari) were filmed in front of a green-screen on the NY set so they could put in the "chalk" background the other segments have. I don't see why: A. they couldn't have filmed the bits on the street itself and B. they couldn't have used the method they use in the LA ones, which is do the bit in front of a projected background.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My problem with celebrities doing parodies of their own songs is well known. I found it refreshing that they did a traditional Muppet character parody for that Measure, Yeah, Measure song. I'll admit that sometimes they're actually better than the original (with the exception of R.E.M.'s Furry Happy Monsters, which was extremely better than the original, and I like R.E.M.)

It just seems like this is one of those "we have to do one of these once a season to attract the attention of young parents" things. Something routine. I actually really miss getting celebrities on the show to sing Sesame Street classics.

Other than that, I wish they'd mention something about it being an anniversary season. Maybe when the press release comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.