Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's that One Direction thing.

On the plus side, it's BERT!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's just a video they shot while making the parody video. Bert's in that too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is a good chance we'll see this one on the show as well. We didn't expect to see the "I don't Care (I want it)" parody on the show either, and there it was.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering they have crew noise in the background and it isn't shot a slickly as the rest of the show is, I doubt it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering they have crew noise in the background and it isn't shot a slickly as the rest of the show is, I doubt it.

Mmm... well, there's that point. It doesn't come off anywhere near polished. So they could just use that for a marketing point.

But why a good month or two before the reveal of the next season? Strange.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But why a good month or two before the reveal of the next season? Strange.
Their YT media plan is both good and bad. Good as in, they have a good schedule of releasing material, most of it timed well to their own themes and what's happening in the world. Bad as in, I hate it when they re-share a older video trying to pass it off as a "Recent Upload" in lieu of something actually new. They have been doing well with their Throwback Thursday posts though, some rare material in really good quality.

That's my college edchamacation talkin'!

But, the press kit and everything should be coming August 4-ish. They've recently started making it, since me trying to get to it results now in needed a Wordpress password (unlike a "Not available" page I'd get before).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Their YT media plan is both good and bad. Good as in, they have a good schedule of releasing material, most of it timed well to their own themes and what's happening in the world. Bad as in, I hate it when they re-share a older video trying to pass it off as a "Recent Upload" in lieu of something actually new. They have been doing well with their Throwback Thursday posts though, some rare material in really good quality.
The newer celebrity/parody segments being released to Youtube do bring interest that keep the show relevant to those who haven't seen the show in years, decades even with kids of their own/ the viral video loving crowd. Seems that they do use their account for show promotion, but it's strange that they've had some upcoming season footage well before the big press announcement. That Wizard of Oz thing, for example.

They really need to do more with classic sketches, though. I agree, rereleasing old clips and saying that they're new is annoying, especially when there are so many clips they have on Sesame Street's site that haven't been made available to YT yet. I certainly doubt they're going to go through the whole archive to find more clips, but using the clips they already have on the other site would only add to their views.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I do like how the classic stuff they've been uploading isn't in on the SS.org site. That season 1 "Father Song" was such a treat to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.