Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying... a year in advance, maybe, but TWO? I really don't see how budget somehow causes them to film that far in advance, but whatevs.
I still wonder about that... I wonder if it has anything to do with Muppeteer availability or just if they book the studio on certain days. I can see them filming as much as they possibly can in a short period of time to save some money. I would really like an official SW explanation.

That said, is this going to be a big anniversary season as they usually do it in fives, or are they waiting for the big 50?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that they do two seasons at a time now, but I think they also do record additional material for the season closer to the seasons broadcast. If they're going to do any topical parodies, couldn't they record those when they get closer to the seasons broadcast?

Then again, even if it's a show that's been canceled or a song that's already lost the popularity/impact it did when it was "current", wouldn't the parodies still be fun? Wouldn't the adults still be aware of what they're spoofing? I don't know how many times in the past few months I've mentioned that I enjoyed many of the shows parodies without knowing the source material (whether I was too young to know or not.... and even a lot of the more recent show parodies were of stuff I hadn't even heard of). At least before they started phasing out classic clips in season 33, I think it was still common for many of the older song parodies to appear on the show. I actually don't know off-hand if the same was true for parodies of TV shows.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Honestly, only season 43 was spread out between two season tapings. This isn't a regular thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, only season 43 was spread out between two season tapings. This isn't a regular thing.
That's a relief.

Though, when they are doing something a year in advance, they should try a tiny bit harder to make sure those references are still relevant. That's why releasing the "Me Want It" as a viral over the summer worked. The song was still relevant, and it was still being used in shampoo commercials and network promos.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's why releasing the "Me Want It" as a viral over the summer worked. The song was still relevant, and it was still being used in shampoo commercials and network promos.

And I still don't recall hearing the original song. I should look it up on YouTube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess you didn't watch any commercials over the summer. It was all over the place.

Of course the network that used it in their promo was The CW, so I can see why you could have missed it. And I'll add that I didn't know it was an actual song, and thought it was just used for a commercial.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, I still am wondering what else to expect this season. Will we have some big surprise Easter Eggs in the background? Will we have a big special episode to start up the season? Will we get some choice merchandise for older fans? I certainly hope yes to all that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Completely off-topic, but you'd think on Thanksgiving they'd play the Trashgiving Day episode instead of the Hibernation one.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Also, this is a sidebar, but Elmo’s performance is really meh here. It looks like Ryan Dillon toned down his Elmo a bit (which, in principle, seems appropriate) and is trying to do something other than copy Kevin. On one hand, his interactions with Mackelmore is kind of funny, and on the other, I’ve just become depressed for reasons I choose not to delve into on this thread. I don’t want to sound like a sourpuss, but I only said this because of my potent feelings at the moment. End of sidebar.
Are you saying Ryan's Elmo isn't as good as it was? I think it's just fine.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Are you saying Ryan's Elmo isn't as good as it was? I think it's just fine.
To me, the voice and performance occasionally tends to vary from what I'm used to, but I have no doubt that will improve with age. Right now, Ryan’s Elmo is as good as it needs to be, and if he’s given the time and experience, it will get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.