Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, anytime the characters are recast, it takes a while to adjust to them... took me a few years to finally get used to Eric's Grover, Bert, and Fozzie, and his Piggy is a dead-ringer for Frank's, likewise, it took me a while to get used to David's Cookie too.

Matt's Count will also take a little time to get used to, but he's done such an awesome job with Jerry's other characters like Floyd and Uncle Deadly that I've no doubt, the versatile performer he is, that'll he do a good job with Count too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only real difference between Ryan's Elmo and Kevin's is that Ryan's is a little nasal/glottal. But he's got the character down pat, attitude and everything, and there have been replacement performers that sounded much different but had the character down. Then there are the ones that have the voice down, but are awkward with the personality.

As for The Count, Matt's got the speech patterns and characterization down completely. He just doesn't have that unique rasp that Jerry had in his voice. He sounds like a smoother, younger Count if anything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I will admit that to this day, Eric's Bert still doesn't sound quite exactly like Frank's, and I've noticed at least since THE MUPPETS (2011), Fozzie has inconsistency in his voice.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Matt's Count will also take a little time to get used to, but he's done such an awesome job with Jerry's other characters like Floyd and Uncle Deadly that I've no doubt, the versatile performer he is, that'll he do a good job with Count too.
I don't mind Vogel's Count at all, actually. Sure, he's not quite a dead ringer to Jerry's, but I really like the flair he's bringing to his performance.

I will admit that to this day, Eric's Bert still doesn't sound quite exactly like Frank's, and I've noticed at least since THE MUPPETS (2011), Fozzie has inconsistency in his voice.
Yeah, I noticed in a few recent instances, Eric pitched his voices for Bert and Fozzie higher, I guess in order to sound more like Frank. It didn't seem to work that well in The Muppets, but he came pretty close to Frank's voice when he performed Bert for that bit with Andy Samberg.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, Bert in the Andy Samberg video was so close to Frank, it was great. I really don't like how Fozzie sounded in the new movie. The way he said lines like "We had a good run" and "Kermit? What happened? Where's Miss Piggy?" sounded so off, especially considering how well he was doing it before.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, some good news, season 45's gonna have new Super Grover 2.0 sketches finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.