classic sesame st on dvd?

alizakaila

Reaction score
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/09/classic-sesame-street-dvd-sets-you-can.html

Classic Sesame Street DVD Sets - You Can Make Them Happen!
For years fans have been wondering if Sesame Workshop will release classic episodes, or even a collection of the classic segments of Sesame Street on DVD. And for years, the prospect of ever seeing such releases has looked grim. However there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for nostalgic fans. I recently e-mailed Sesame Workshop about releasing the classic material in a box set or other forum – as these types of products are becoming more common and more desired. They responded with some hopeful news.

“...Thank you for your inquiry... Releasing past, "classic" episodes and/or segments in a collective boxed set of DVDs is something we are considering... [We] can keep your email address on file and send you any information when we are ready to make an official release... I hope that this is has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us with further questions, comments, or concerns...”
As of right now, there are no plans for such sets, and there is no news to report on the subject. However with your help, there could be. History has shown us that when a company is considering a release such as this that a little letter can go a long way. By sending a letter, making a phone call, or shooting them an e-mail can show them that there is a demand for a product, and that people want it – and want it now. So I urge everyone to write and call Sesame Workshop and ask for DVD box sets of the “classic” material. Together we can relive, reexperience, and reintroduce ourselves to the Street of the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s. Together we have a voice – let’s have it be heard.

You can call them at: 212-595-3456

You can write them a letter at:
Sesame Workshop
1 Lincoln Plaza (Attention: Classic Sesame on DVD)
New York, NY 10023

You can send an e-mail using their online form: click here!
or send an e-mail to their general in-box at: sesameworkshop@sesameworkshop.org

The more e-mails and letters, and phone calls they get with interest in “classic” releases the more likely they will do something in response. It takes 1 minute and can make all the difference. So send an e-mail, make a call, or write a letter. Let's get their attention and get the “old” Sesame Street on DVD.

Rosewood

Reaction score
It's true folks............

:attitude: This is exactly the message I have been beating my head against a brick wall to get across to people since the day I joined. I just havn't been able to do it successfully. But honestly, people; if we, the viewers don't start making our voices be heard, nothing is ever going to be done to save, let alone restore, any of the early episodes of SS.

Look at it from the perspective of one of the writers or producers that took over with Jim Hensons sad death. The most incredible (and powerfull) "muppeteer" in history had paved a path in stone for his creations, and had been there to personally make sure things were done the way HE intended them to be - untill now. Now, with Jim no longer around to run the show, these people (like Kevin Clash, for example) have finally got their chance to step out of the shadows and shine, trying to make a name for themselves, like Jim did. And the only way they can do that is by using that 1 hour of each SS episode to massively push and present THEIR work. And they do so by creating new muppets, new cartoons, new concepts for research-based projects, new ways of presenting the show, ect. The last thing they are going to want to be doing is wasting precious air time showing how things "used to be", and, in the process, opening themselves up for comparison. Other than to show a little respect for the "Creator of Kermit" once in a while, the main reason they are still showing a bit of his work now and then is to keep us, the "adult viewers", still watching in hopes of seeing a memory now and then. They want to keep us watching, because they know it is ultimately we, not the kids, who control the T.V. and decide weather SS is going to be viewed in our homes or not. Any person trying to promote a product or program is obviously going to dwell on the positive responses they get rather than the negative. In fact, unless enough people speak out and state what they think about the direction SS is headed, weather it be good or bad, the "good" is all that will ever be noticed. If you truely think SS needs to "straiten up and fly right" you must make your opinion known to them! If you don't, you wont have any room to complain when the classic episodes that we all reminess about so much finally end up in the recycling bins. :sympathy: