Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In real life could the building have fallen apart by hammering just one nail? Biff seems to get the blame, but wouldn’t that have happened anyway? Sully shook his head, trying to warn them against hammering the nail in the spot they did (from the descriptions I thought it was warning, but it seems he just thought it was the wrong spot) but Mr. Handford agreed to the spot Biff did.

And it seems like all the falling apart earlier is related, but a lot of the needed repairs don’t really seem to have to do with each other. Alice sitting in a stool and breaking it, Handford’s pen running out of ink, maybe the cash register being jammed, I don’t think the store being old would be enough for those disadvantages.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Didn't expect to see Bruno talk in that one. He sounds different than in Follow That Bird and "Put It in the Trash Can", sounds a little like Thog. I'd like to think Caroll Spinney provided his voice as usual, but Jerry Nelson was on set performing Biff, don't know why they'd suddenly have him do the voice separately.

For years I have wondered how they keep Biff and Sully's hats on, back in the 1970s it looks like the hats are kind of loose (yet they kept from falling off), then in the 1980s and 1990s it looks like the hats are on tighter than in the '70s (I wonder if they use magnets for recent appearances). But in scenes where Sully is looking up, I think I see a piece of tape or something inside that could be holding it on. And it could just be the shadow from the brim of the hat.

Before I first saw Sully without his hat (and I'm really not sure whether I saw "We Coulda" as a kid, it did air through season 22 so it's possible), I expected him to have a full head of hair (actually, I first suspected he was bald underneath when I saw the ending of episode 3154, where he gets trampled by animals and his helmet is a little up). Later after seeing more appearances, the placement of his hair and helmet often makes it clear he is bald, but with his hat and hair placement in these episodes and the rainbow episode, it does sort of look like he could have a full head of hair (maybe that's what I saw under his hat as opposed to something to help keep it on). Being an Anything Muppet, they could have suddenly given him a full head of hair and nobody would really notice. Yeah, I really look farther into things than I should...

I wasn't expecting a big "previously on...." recap at the beginning. I would have, at the very least, expected the clips to be much shorter, as opposed to basically the whole scenes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Bruno is concerned, it sounds like Caroll to me, it just sounds more like he's mumbling softly than speaking clearly.

As far as Biff and Sully's hard hats are concerned, Jim has even said the Muppets used a lot of double-face tape for reasons such as that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As far as Biff and Sully's hard hats are concerned, Jim has even said the Muppets used a lot of double-face tape for reasons such as that.
Yeah, I asked about how they keep hats on heads to the Below the Frame show and they mentioned a variety of methods, while also mentioning that construction worker hats are hard to keep on (that was one I really wondered about, though I didn't specifically mention that in my question). Both characters have had an occasion where their hats flew off, if they used double-sided tape then it's lucky the tape didn't stay on the heads (unless those were actually done on purpose).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Interesting that Mr. Handford seems to be the thumbnail in these last three uploads:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some of that stuff about Bruno talking reminds me of something that is probably not ironic but got me thinking.

I did not know Bruno was in that episode until images were provided. I don’t know if he just wasn’t in the draft of the script that the wiki used for reference or if they just didn’t feel the need to note him in the description (he’s still not mentioned in the scene descriptions), but it wasn’t noted among the characters “episodic appearances” until I saw the images. He could have been put in at the last minute and Caroll Spinney might have improvised his dialogue.

His sounding different could also be the result of the fact that he didn’t talk that often, Caroll might have forgotten what voice he used.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
So, what ever became of Nanto?

When I first got on the internet>YouTube>Classic Sesame Street, NantoVision was one (or two if you count NantoVision2) of the first channels I followed since 2009. Several years ago (I want to say about five or six), I noticed he changed his channel name(s) and stopped uploading SS stuff, but still keeps the older relevant uploads active today. I pondered that maybe he was hacked, or he was tired of getting copyright strikes, or ran out of obscure/exclusive material to post. I'm not on fb or other mass social media, so I never followed anyone in the community outside of YT until I began trading with a few members, and unfortunately, he was never one of them. Any insights?