Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

hooperfan

Reaction score
Ugh, I always hated when they added music to old clips. The worst offender to me was the Grover Presents the letter G segment

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The music in that one I don’t mind - it adds humor personally, but I find the sound effects to be distracting (it looks like it was added in specifically with online releases).

But like I mentioned a few days ago, you can blame it on this guy

hooperfan

Reaction score
The music in that one I don’t mind - it adds humor personally, but I find the sound effects to be distracting (it looks like it was added in specifically with online releases).

But like I mentioned a few days ago, you can blame it on this guy

Ugh, never... NEVER... understood the Barney phenomenon. I thought Lamb Chop's Play Along was such a superior show. I especially liked it even more when my father said that he used to watch Shari and Lamb Chop when he was a kid as well

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I never enjoyed it as a kid, yet somehow I found myself managing to sit through full episodes…. Maybe just because it was on or I was waiting for another to show to come on next like Sesame Street or Shining Time Station or the Puzzle Place, etc. 🤷🏿‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Anyway I’ll upload the original version of this clip later, but I like this one a lot more:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Barney is concerned, I'll admit that I would watch the show in its first few seasons, if only because I watched a lot of PBS as a kid. Was it a great show? No, but it was tolerable. Then long about 1998, it seemed like Barney suddenly went through something of an ATC era of its own, in that they suddenly changed/updated the theme song, replaced all the original kids with new ones, revamped the school set, added a bunch of annoying new puppet characters, and that's when I tuned out.

As far as adding music and sound effects to older inserts, that bothers me as well, the worst example I can think of being Ernie and Bert visiting the pyramid - the music absolutely kills it! The only exception I can think of to this practice was Mysterious Theater in which Sherlock Hemlock was searching for a circle - in that one, they actually managed to use the added music cues to great effect.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Quite the opposite for me - I actually thought the music added some humor and a spookiness to it in some areas, though I didn’t really like the sound effects.

With Mysterious Theater, the music just got in the way for me - the last music note especially ruined the joke of Watson fainting for me.