Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're All Monsters with the original voices, and not just the video with audio dubbed from the album release.
You don't have to ask me twice. I just deleted that dubbed audio version from my video list. Why bother when we finally have the real deal?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a few years, when watching We're All Monsters, the version with Kevin Clash's vocals, I noticed that Elmo's "he doesn't look like Elmo" seemed to be in good lip-sync. I expected the original line to be "he doesn't look like me". But now I see it and the line is "and he don't look like me". At first I thought they changed more of the wording to fit the lip sync... But the original line has fewer syllables than the replaced line.

I wonder if all of the performers (not just Kevin Clash) rerecorded the harmonizing lines of the song. I'm pretty sure I don't hear Jerry Nelson's voice when they all sing together in the redubbed version, and even if each performer recorded separate vocal tracks, I would have expected them to have all sung at the same time when the characters did.

It seems like season 12 episodes from up to episode 1460 have surfaced, based on the redlinks at Muppet Wiki. But I was surprised to see that one of the episode pages was compiled from incomplete video material. I assumed that whoever managed to get these episodes got them from the archives.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
It seems like season 12 episodes from up to episode 1460 have surfaced, based on the redlinks at Muppet Wiki. But I was surprised to see that one of the episode pages was compiled from incomplete video material. I assumed that whoever managed to get these episodes got them from the archives.
There was a slight mistake in the copying of 1452 apparently. It starts out as 1458, but partway into the first street scene, changes to the start of 1452. Since the file only runs an hour, the last few minutes of the show are cut off.

cjd874

Reaction score
I never heard of or saw this one until today. A really great---and rare---fairy tale narrated by Maria.
Frank Oz: King Morris
Jim Henson: the Assistant
Jerry Nelson, Ike, Bugle Player, AM lady
Richard Hunt: AM man

And a bonus clip featuring Ernie and Cookie Monster...with a happy ending, too!

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You don't have to ask me twice. I just deleted that dubbed audio version from my video list. Why bother when we finally have the real deal?
Yeah. That's something that often bothered me with "Real Ghostbusters" episodes, that they redubbed a lot of the first season episodes with the later voices. I know they were probably trying to do that to appeal to kids who watched the show who didn't know about the earlier voices, but when you notice different animation and Janine's early appearance with the later voice and the fact that Dave Coulier's Peter didn't like Slimer, you know something's up. Sorry to get off subject, for about the tenth time this week. Lol. I know that post should probably went on the ToonZone Forum But again I just thought of that in response to Drtooth's post.

But to get back on the "Sesame Street" topic, I can understand why redubbing is necessary. It's sort of the same deal as with "Ghostbusters." Kids today would not know that Elmo used to have a different voice, so kids wouldn't understand why he sounded different. Heck, I watched a DVD copy of "Follow that Bird" recently and I listened but could not hear Richard's Elmo voice on that one and it makes me wonder if it was muted out or something. I don't think they would have gotten Kevin or Ryan (depending on how recent the copy was), just to say one line.

So the point is I can sort of see both sides of the argument. You don't want to confuse kids, but while at the same time you want to appeal to people who are classic Muppet fans and know about the early Elmo voices or whatever. I guess it's just hard to please everybody.