Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
While I do get where you're coming from, maybe he would just rather not deal with those questions.

I mean, hey. There was a time we kept bugging @Boober_Gorg about requests for clips and he never responded to any of them until he put in his little PSA.
LOL Yeah, never go on and on with requests toward @Boober_Gorg (a.k.a. sawing14s or MuppetVJ) about posting more clips. I remember that Sesame Maniac got p'd off with my friend Gerardo for asking him to re-upload rare street scene videos that got pulled/blocked off of YT for copyright. Some of you need to chill and at least DOWNLOAD the videos because if WMG blocks it, you can't get it back. That's what I did: I downloaded as MANY clips from other users' channels (i.e. Sam P., hugic2112, etc.) who have rare clips and such and backed them up safe and sound on my harddrive! Why not do the same?

gravy

Reaction score
LOL Yeah, never go on and on with requests toward @Boober_Gorg (a.k.a. sawing14s or MuppetVJ) about posting more clips. I remember that Sesame Maniac got p'd off with my friend Gerardo for asking him to re-upload rare street scene videos that got pulled/blocked off of YT for copyright. Some of you need to chill and at least DOWNLOAD the videos because if WMG blocks it, you can't get it back. That's what I did: I downloaded as MANY clips from other users' channels (i.e. Sam P., hugic2112, etc.) who have rare clips and such and backed them up safe and sound on my harddrive! Why not do the same?
our harddrives have more important things to keep space for...

someone help me i have no more space cause this folder takes up half of my computer space

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting that, while Roosevelt Franklin was pretty much only there in the 1970s, all video sources we have for the Headball segments come from 1980s episodes (of course, the English copy of the Hard Head Henry Harris one comes from an audio recording but fans already had a video dubbed in another language).

@minor muppetz Big Jeffy didn't really permanently replace the lavender Alphabeat. Jeffy appeared with the band in two season 21 episode street scenes, and then the next season (Cluck Around the Clock) it was back to normal, then after that, Jeffy was back (Gonna Rock You to Sleep). I was wondering if maybe they were just experimenting or if the lavender puppet got misplaced, found, and misplaced again.
I had thought Cluck Around the Clock came before season 20 (now I look at Muppet Wiki and see that not only is the copyright date 1990, but it has a "first appearance"* listed for season 22).

If the lavendar one was misplaced, couldn't they have just made another one? I wonder if they had permanent puppets for the Alphabeats or if they always just decorated the Anything Muppet patterns.

LittleJerry92 said:
As for Chrissy and Jeffy hanging together - I think it was by that point they just phased out "Rockin' Richard" (who I have always personally believed was the pumpkin one) and kept in "Chrissy" but used Little Chrissy as filler to avoid confusion (since the names in "Four" were from an album song and not necessarily cannon), making him a member of the Monotones in later appearances.
I can't decide if it's more unfortunate that they had two different characters named Chrissy (with one using a few slightly alternate names - Little Chrissy and just Chris) voiced by the same person or if they actually cared to avoid confusion and make him seem like a member. I don't think the members of Little Jerry and the Monotones were mentioned by name often, with "Four" being one of the biggest uses of their names (since their names are referred to there, it's a shame they didn't make that a visual segment), so it is great that they were at least consistent when it comes to their names being used, though Big Jeffy seems to have been referred to by name the most often - seems he was used quite a bit in the late-1980s/early-1990s and might have been referred to by name (in dialogue, not album credits) more often than Little Jerry. And yet around the same time, there was Mountain of Love which brought back the lavendar and pumpkin Monotones, referred to the lavendar one as Chrissy... But also mistakenly used the Pumpkin one for Big Jeffy.

Of course, they might have figured the kids wouldn't care (I think I would have as a kid, maybe slightly older than the target audience), but we all have noticed.

*The recent "trusted sources" that Muppet Wiki has been using have allowed more "firsts" (as opposed to EKAs), I've been told that they do indicate whether a segment premiered in that episode. I should look around more and see what all made their first appearances when.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@minor muppetz Although I have noticed with "Proud" and "Sad", the performers (Hunt, Nelson, Moss and Cerf) started to become more consistent minus a few instances where some members didn't even sing ("A Body Full of Rythym") and Nelson provided Jeffy's vocals in their season 6 songs (cause in fairness, Moss wasn't as active that season), I really do believe the names for "Four" weren't meant to be cannon (since that song was an album only song) and more of just a one-time gig but somehow ended up continuing anyway (at least with Big Jeffy since Moss, having wrote most of their songs, which is why he provided vocals often, had the most consistent voice).

I think "Mountain of Love" was originally intended to have Little Chrissy of the Alphabeats and Big Jeffy singing but had the lavender and Pumpkin puppets used as replacements (my guess is maybe this was being filmed during the same time as "Startin' Kindergarten"). But as I said before, the fact that the lavender puppet was referred to as Chrissy is good enough for me, because there have been other characters that had names pulled out of a hat for them (Bip Bippadotta, Bruce Monster, Maurice Monster, Clancy, etc).

I was also thinking that the characters may have had permanent puppets (the Alphabets) given that they were pretty active in the 80's and didn't look so different in every appearance.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Says the guy who was freaking out and doesn't BOTHER to re upload those said videos you've said download on your channel. If I may add, your friend that p'd off @hooperfan p'd ME off too. :skeptical: