Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does the website have some kind of bug? It seems like certain sketches that were added last may no longer show up in search, including the two aristotle clips and the Bruno clips added (the only Bruno clip showing up in a search for that character is the "Bruno & The Trashmen" clip that's been there for over two years). I searched "Little Jerry" and the only clips shown are the ones that've been there for a few years, but searching for "Big Jeffie" include all Big Jeffy clips added last may, including the ones with Little Jerry. And all of the Captain Vegetable clips still show up. Looking at the Aristotle page in the Muppets section no longer shows a clip or even text!

But the clips can still be viewed when clicking on the links at Muppet Wiki (on the Sesame Street Video Player: Classic Clips page).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No new segments have been added, but many segments (classic and modern) have been updated in some higher quality.

ssetta

Reaction score
I noticed that some of the ones in 16:9 actually are 16:9 now, but I don't think the quality has improved that much. It would be nice if it were in 480p or 720p.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't really tell the difference in the video quality. I wonder if all the videos have been replaced with better-quality. I noticed that the images in the search are of different shots, but some seem to be the same image from the past.

At times I've looked at search results that I am very familiar with and when looking at the first pages (particularly for Kermit and Grover) it looks like something might be missing/moved, but I can't remember/figure out what. It seems certain videos are one spot behind where they used to be, but the search results still have the same first result.

It was pointed out at Muppet Wiki that Sad was replaced with an alternate take of the song. Previously it ended with Big Jeffy's hat falling off, but now it stays on at the end. I also noticed that "If I Had a Kid Like You" seems to be a few seconds shorter than it had been online. Previously it started with Gordon lookined the other direction before turning around and singing, but now it starts with him facing the camera. Too bad "The Scale Salesman" is still lacking the beginning.

It's a shame that they're replacing the videos with higher quality and yet not adding any new classic clips to the site.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've found a few other differences in clips on the site. Kermit News: Three Little Pigs (the one with The Count) now begins with the white Newsflash logo superimposed over footage, and Super Grover: Telephone now has the full pre-title sequence (it previously began halfway through the sequence).

Unfortunately, Grover and John-John Count One Penny no longer begins (on the video player, anyway) with the "I love you" pre-roll that was previously on the site.

Reaction score
*nods* The kids in the remade version act less naturally than the ones in the Season 1 version; even though some fans might only remember (and prefer) the remake, it wouldn't hurt Sesame Workshop to include both.
i just checked out the "b is for bubble" remake; it*s not half-bad, though the original is way better (one of my faves, actually! lol*)! in the new one, i can*t believe they didn*t do the epic "POP!" @ the end! i actually found myself saying, "fail!" out loud! haha* :-P

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Is there a trick to finding the classic clips? In the format before the previous one, there used to be a classic clips tab where you could search just the classics alphabetically. Now it looks like we can only search by topic and age appropriate clips. I just want to see if they've posted any new classics over the past year or so that I've missed. Anyone know? Hmmm...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is there a trick to finding the classic clips? In the format before the previous one, there used to be a classic clips tab where you could search just the classics alphabetically. Now it looks like we can only search by topic and age appropriate clips. I just want to see if they've posted any new classics over the past year or so that I've missed. Anyone know? Hmmm...
There's a search bar at the top of the site; searching "classic" won't bring up just classic clips, but it helps you find all the videos (though miscellaneous videos lost in the shuffle when they updated the video page).

No new classic clips have been added, as far as I know. They've been updating some with slightly higher resolution and audio quality. If you click the right arrow on the video page a time or two, the newest videos added will appear.